Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
So our school is having a $20 yearbook cover contest, and since this is a middle school, and nobody knows what Photoshop ( :o ) is, I figured this is a good chance to win the contest. The judging is January, 2011, but I had this idea today so I went to work on it.

The cover to me looks really good, but I am having a little trouble obviously aligning everything. I am getting a little help from iiPod on fixing that.

Thoughts? Any ideas what to add? Other then proper alignment? I feel like I should add some sort of motto, any ideas?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Honestly I say leave it as is. It's one of the more-amazing yearbook covers I've seen in a while.

It's simple, the way it should be.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Me likes it. You could maybe try placing the mascot in place of the hyphen. Iono though, looks good as is.

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
I like Deko's suggestion, and I also agree with benny, but my suggestion is to make the mascot a little bigger and more noticeable.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Maybe try the mascot as a background image....
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
As Deko and hotshot said, replace the hyphen with the mascot, and increase the opacity. Also, demand $5 from every yearbook sold ;]

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Joe Kerr Avatar
Maybe try the mascot as a background image....

I like that idea :)

Try this and upload it, but if you make it too large it may be ugly. :/

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
yea you need to be careful when making the mascot bigger...if you do it rite it can look cool....wrong and you will mess up the whole thing...just try it
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Rockafeller

Rockafeller Avatar

August 2007
Try adding a light grey radial grad on the center bg, lower the opacity till you like and add noise at about 1.50. :)

EDIT*: and lose the scan lines :P

Last Edit: Aug 19, 2010 19:21:35 GMT by Rockafeller

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I have an update somewhere around here. Will post in days to come. I kept the same look, added some depth and all.

Oh, and scan lines stay, thanks.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
I like the yearbook. Simple and straightforward.

Agreed with replacing the "-" with the mascot and making the mascot a bit bigger and stand out a bit more.

Good luck for the competition!! :)
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling