Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Today was my first day of classes for the semester. First class went well. I waited around campus for two hours waiting for the next class to begin and what happens? I get there and the freaking teacher doesn't show up. Ended up leaving 20 minutes after they were supposed to be there. Dropped it and picked up intro to video game programming, which means I am gonna fail a class. Awesome.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Why does this mean you're going to fail a class?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
Why does this mean you're going to fail a class?

I will let Chris explain this when he comes on. :P

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
You dropped your other course just like that?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Aaron Avatar
You dropped your other course just like that?
Guessing it's add/drop week, so it's probably not a big deal.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeah, we can add classes until the 30th. So I simply dropped the old and added the video game programming one. Took all of 5 minutes to find a new class that worked with my work/class schedule and to add it. :P

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
What was the class you dropped?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Advertising Art.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Seems like it'd have been a more important class for what you want to do. :P But yeah, you should be able to handle the class if it's basically intro to Python. Python is a simple enough language that it's close to speaking english.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I'd have been painting movie posters. That wouldn't have helped me one bit. :P They didn't clarify if it was digital or traditional, I was under the impression it was digital. There wasn't a single computer in that class, not even one for the teacher to use.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Josh Avatar
I'd have been painting movie posters. That wouldn't have helped me one bit. :P They didn't clarify if it was digital or traditional, I was under the impression it was digital. There wasn't a single computer in that class, not even one for the teacher to use.

That's a fail. I was in a game design class this semester, but then it got moved to next semester, so I'm now in intro to fiction. It was an intro to game design course, so I wasn't worried, I mean, yeah, it was a sophomore level class and I'm a freshman, but, I looked at the book before I signed up, and it seemed like it was more coming up with the game instead of actually making that, I figure they leave that to the actual video game programmers, which makes sense, since most professional and technical communications majors in the interactive media track don't take any comp. sci. courses, which is kind of stupid, because you're more hirable if you have at least some basic programming knowledge.

newBookmarkLockedFalling