Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I own and love dogs.

but they're about as sentient as any other animal. And I don't seen how we've gone from hating the girl because she killed animals to hating the girl because the animals in question were puppies.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Quinine Avatar
I own and love dogs.

but they're about as sentient as any other animal. And I don't seen how we've gone from hating the girl because she killed animals to hating the girl because the animals in question were puppies.

It's the innocence- people grow far more offended, generally, when the animal in question is a "baby"; it's just how we are as humans, honestly. We feel the need to protect our young, and some people, including myself, include their animals in their family- and, because of that, see them as their "babies", so to speak. Therefore, while we would still feel outrage at somebody for doing the same to a dog, a dog could swim and have a chance if it were fullgrown. It's the innocence and the lack of ability to get away, and our inborn instinct to protect our "young" that makes us so pissed off at this act in particular.

... I'm really fucking tired. If that was little more than glorified gibberish, please understand that I've had little chance to sit down this week if it wasn't with the intention of sitting through a class, training for work, or sleeping.

Signature coming~

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
No, no. I get your point that we like protecting our family's young. I just feel like Marco to everyone else's Cassie, if you will.

But I don't understand how everyone thinks this girl is some sort of a psychopath.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Quinine, not one person in this thread prior to your first post said they were upset because they were puppies. I understand that you find many peoples' reactions hypocritical. And in essence, they are. A binned cat can evince more outrage from some than a gunned down soldier. That aside, we aren't rational creatures. Moreover, distancing ones self becomes a lot harder when it's a video and not a news article. I'd (personally) be equally as disgusted to see a bullet take a human's life.

Now my take (as the partial human being I am) on the video: 5 creatures (species aside) totally new to the world, totally dependant, and (albeit only likely) unflinchingly loyal had their trust betrayed and were killed in an inhumane (and unnecessary) way. In response to your remark on her psychopathy, she drowned them. She tossed them one by one and laughed as she did it. She had her friend film it. She's ill.

Last Edit: Sept 4, 2010 22:49:26 GMT by Aaron

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
The fact that she's ill clouds the way we should judge her.

For example, killers with proven mental illnesses get lesser sentences.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Quinine Avatar

Because our judicial system is fucked up. I do not care what mental illness you may or may not have... you did something bad, you should get the same punishment as everyone else.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Josh Avatar
Quinine Avatar

Because our judicial system is fucked up. I do not care what mental illness you may or may not have... you did something bad, you should get the same punishment as everyone else.

Completely disagree. Growing up with a mother who had severe mental illnesses, I can tell you right now that's an extremely ignorant opinion. It's not a person's fault if they're mentally impaired- they didn't ASK for the chemicals and wiring in their brain to be fucked up. They didn't ask for nobody to diagnose them until something really bad happened.
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Twerque Avatar
Josh Avatar

Completely disagree. Growing up with a mother who had severe mental illnesses, I can tell you right now that's an extremely ignorant opinion. It's not a person's fault if they're mentally impaired- they didn't ASK for the chemicals and wiring in their brain to be fucked up. They didn't ask for nobody to diagnose them until something really bad happened.

It was still their actions regardless.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Legal systems don't exist for a criminal's personal benefit. They exist for the benefit of society. Persons are imprisoned or put to death in the interest of common good. So you killed someone and didn't think it was wrong. Whatever. It's your life. But you're a threat to society and we need to purge you from our community.

I don't think murder or imprisonment is "right" in any circumstance. But it's certainly justifiable.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Josh Avatar
Quinine Avatar

People who think that are fucked up.

-

You have schizophrenia. Occasionally, you hallucinate that your mother is secretly trying to kill you. One day, you pull a knife on her and stab her to death.

This is not your fault.
Can't you see this?

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Quinine Avatar
Josh Avatar

People who think that are fucked up.

-

You have schizophrenia. Occasionally, you hallucinate that your mother is secretly trying to kill you. One day, you pull a knife on her and stab her to death.

This is not your fault.
Can't you see this?

I've talked to him on AIM about this ::) He still thinks they should get full punishment.
Signature coming~

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Well, I'd like to hear his reasoning.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
well, by the power of the internet, the girl was found. And her punishment was.....

*drum roll*

a $7000 fine.

yep. Thats it. A fine.
k

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Andrew McGivery Avatar
well, by the power of the internet, the girl was found. And her punishment was.....

*drum roll*

a $7000 fine.

yep. Thats it. A fine.

Duhhh. What were you expecting?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar

*drum roll*

a $7000 fine.

yep. Thats it. A fine.

Yep. That's all the cops would levy against her. We are, however, forgetting the wrath of Anon which will come, I am sure.

newBookmarkLockedFalling