Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Don't get me wrong, I agree they're annoying. :P I'm just looking at it from a business standpoint.

newfieldgrafix
I have no wish to harm webmasters, but webmasters that think it's OK to saturate their sites will malware ads, annoyance ads, deserve all they get, IMO.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 13, 2010 15:25:18 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I have no wish to harm webmasters, but webmasters that think it's OK to saturate their sites will malware ads, annoyance ads, deserve all they get, IMO.

Until you start paying to use the site at all.

newfieldgrafix
I find alternatives. There's always alternatives.

Edit,
Well, actually, my BlogTV costs about $25 a year. My friend bought me a pro account this year, but I'll likely continue it next year.

I'd never buy a dA premium account though. Since it full of assholes, and the staff are n00bs. That, and a dA Prem account has no real benefits besides the usual crap.

Last Edit: Sept 13, 2010 20:03:06 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
dA Prem has a few benefits like viewing more items at once, but past that it's useless and still not worth the money. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
It's worth the money if you feel like giving something back to a site you like. :P That's pretty much the only reason I do it. That and being able to see many more things per page.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
It's worth the money if you feel like giving something back to a site you like. :P That's pretty much the only reason I do it. That and being able to see many more things per page.

This is true. :P If I had to pay significantly more for SZ, I'd probably have a donation button up. For now, $10/month is ridiculously cheap.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Chris Avatar
This is true. :P If I had to pay significantly more for SZ, I'd probably have a donation button up. For now, $10/month is ridiculously cheap.

Significantly more will be the time where more web content is up xD. On the side note, how much bandwidth are we consuming per month?

Though the thing is for websites, users like me whom use adblock are hurting the webmasters as described in this article.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

newfieldgrafix
Xylish Avatar
Chris Avatar
Though the thing is for websites, users like me whom use adblock are hurting the webmasters as described in this article.

Change their ad policy, then.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Trust me, we're using NOWHERE near our limit. ;)

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
Trust me, we're using NOWHERE near our limit. ;)

Host Gator gives like 1TB of bandwidth a month. No way do we use that. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Exactly. :P I think it';s more like 500GB, but still... we're really under-using it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling