Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

(*Sapphire*)

(*Sapphire*) Avatar

Official Member

August 2006
I really could use a rate on this skin.

worlddestinytest6.proboards.com/index.cgi

I've gotten a lot of "looks awesome", "sweet skin" comments, but I'd really enjoy some criticisms. :)

Not that I don't like the complements, I just want to make this skin the best it can be to attract new members to the forum it's going to be applied to.

I'm really stuck on a background too.... :P

Feel free to pick this skin completely apart!

Thanks!

List of stuff to be done:
- Highlight images for menu buttons
- PM Bar (making code)
- Custom Smileys
- Custom Folder Icons
- Maybe new background??

Last Edit: Sept 3, 2010 15:33:51 GMT by (*Sapphire*)

mikezbr

mikezbr Avatar

August 2010
It's not that bad. I'm not too sure about the extent of proboards skins and how far you are able to take the coding but it is definitely one of the better proboards skins I've seen. I think I would have used a different effect on the hover but that's all I can find wrong with it. Nice job.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Menu button borders are a bit rough and roll over effects are meh. Rest looks fine.
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

(*Sapphire*)

(*Sapphire*) Avatar

Official Member

August 2006
xmsteel Avatar
I like it, it's unique. However, something about the background I don't care for. Maybe it's the color?

What about doing the colors like this example (Just a my personal thought):

Hmm...I think the darker colors look a little funny. Maybe it's just the stripe pattern that looks off.

Menu Buttons:
Is it the rounded edges that look rough? I may be able to smooth those out some.
Yeah, I wasn't too sure what kind of roll-over effect to use. I'll try making the text a different color.
EDIT: The Home button has a text color roll-over. How does that look?

Thanks so much for the suggestions guys!
Keep 'em coming!

Last Edit: Sept 3, 2010 16:06:46 GMT by (*Sapphire*)

Teg

Teg Avatar

Official Member

September 2010
I really like this template. I think it's unique and original. Somethings I would change include, but are not limited to;

- Cell Highlight, I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me but I think I see a slight highlight when I hover over a cell... That's fine just make it a little bit more noticeable.

- Menu Buttons, Although I think they are awesome, I think that they are kind of hard to read, maybe make them a tad bigger and blow the font up just a tad to make them easier to read.

- Characters, They seem a bit choppy around the edges to me, but again that could just be my eyes. I think if you smooth the edges around the different character's through out the forum, that would make it look better.

As I said before, I like this template it's very unique :P :: rate 5 ::

^General Discussion Community, 1 Month old (Created OCT. 23, 2013), Over 4k posts, Two classes for coding and graphics starting in January, and our first REAL MONEY cash competition. Check us out^^

(*Sapphire*)

(*Sapphire*) Avatar

Official Member

August 2006
Thank you very much!

I will work on what you suggested. :)

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
I love it <3 The amount of detail put into the designs is very nice and works well together. Well done! Two things...

-The background. I'm not sure why, but it don't go completely, but I think it's because it's not as detailed as the rest of the graphics and it just looks a bit empty. Adding some gradients or shadow or patterns somehwere on it may be a good way to go.
-The head and base on the mini profile look a bit incomplete. Maybe but a borderline around the full image :)

Small things, but great job. 5/5!

newBookmarkLockedFalling