Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
It's a neat idea. But realtime querying and slow Internet makes for a poor combination.

They seem to have shrunk the whole search, so there's a lot of empty space either side.

Opinions?

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I had this live for Google Images last week. Made searching for Rule 34 images quite easy, I must say.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Eh, I'm not really a fan. I've always appreciated Google's simple approach to things. However with the recent changes to Youtube and now Google search, I'm starting to like them a little less.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
It makes typoing very interesting..... I'll give it that.....

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I noticed this. It's kind of annoying, at least for now. I'm leaving it on though, just to see if I'll adapt to it and grow to like. It's been known to happen before.

newfieldgrafix
Deko Avatar
Eh, I'm not really a fan. I've always appreciated Google's simple approach to things. However with the recent changes to Youtube and now Google search, I'm starting to like them a little less.

Just wait 'til you see what Google have planned for YouTube over the next month or so...

Here's a hint.
Notice how they are removing a lot of the plain web stuff?

Not sure if they are rolling over into YouTube with regards to realtime searching, however a "video wall" might be something to watch out for (only speculation).

I also predict that "Google Video" and YouTube will be completely integrated soon.

randy
Does'nt bother me much. I have it as a home page. I guess it is like a new version of anything, get use to it. Or don't. 8-)

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
From a coding perspective, it's quite an achievement. However, from a practical perspective... I can see the usefulness, but it can end up being annoying. It's probably one of those things that has to be tried out for a while before it can be accepted. I'm kinda mixed on it right now.
wat

newfieldgrafix
I think that's the general consensus, Scorp. Practical vs Convenience.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 10, 2010 7:53:18 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Deko Avatar

Just wait 'til you see what Google have planned for YouTube over the next month or so...

Here's a hint.
Notice how they are removing a lot of the plain web stuff?

Not sure if they are rolling over into YouTube with regards to realtime searching, however a "video wall" might be something to watch out for (only speculation).

I also predict that "Google Video" and YouTube will be completely integrated soon.

I hope not. Google Video is still useful in finding hard to reach videos that really aren't allowed on YouTube.

And the real time search was already somewhat implemented. You can now search without leaving the video page.

newfieldgrafix
All speculation, of course.

Google will likely start censoring more and more anyways.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It'll take a bit of time to get used to, but I think it'll be decent. :P I tend to use the google search in Fx anyways, so I never see the home page.

newfieldgrafix
Anything does, Chris. Remember the XP Start Menu? I like the idea.
"All Programs!?"

If I'm right, Google Search will become a glorified HTML version of Chrome.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 11, 2010 10:37:35 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Anything does, Chris. Remember the XP Start Menu? I like the idea.
"All Programs!?"

If I'm right, Google Search will become a glorified HTML version of Chrome.

Google Search will become a web browser? :P

newfieldgrafix
More of the OS Chrome.

newBookmarkLockedFalling