Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Josh Avatar
(And before it is said, Macs are catching up quite quickly in the gaming universe to PCs. That's the only clear advantage Windows has over Macs that I can think of)

Actually, I would think that 90% of all people who use computers regularly use Windows compared to Mac's 8% is the biggest advantage of all.

Therefore I don't think the
Josh Avatar
same can be said for Windows

Otherwise, why do mac users need BootCamp and the like?

Haha, also one other thing PC users can do that most Mac users can't:
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Quinine Avatar
Josh Avatar
(And before it is said, Macs are catching up quite quickly in the gaming universe to PCs. That's the only clear advantage Windows has over Macs that I can think of)

Actually, I would think that 90% of all people who use computers regularly use Windows compared to Mac's 8% is the biggest advantage of all.

Therefore I don't think the
Josh Avatar
same can be said for Windows

Otherwise, why do mac users need BootCamp and the like?

Haha, also one other thing PC users can do that most Mac users can't:
www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

You answered your own question. We use BootCamp because, even though there are alternatives on the Mac that are just as good if not better (most of the time), we still have to use a Windows machine some of the time for compatibility issues with the 90% who use Windows.

That and Excel for Mac sucks, and so does Numbers (the iWork equivalent). :P So Windows has that too. :P

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Quinine Avatar
Is there anything you can do on a Mac that you can't do on a PC without the help of VMware Workstation (or something similar)?

No, there is nothing. I've had OS X running in a VM for some time now and there's absolutely nothing I can't do on it that my friend can on her Mac.

The problem with running in a VM is you're extremely limited to what resources it can use, so your best bet, really, is to get it working on another hard drive and just to boot into it, but that usually brings in driver problems (issue I have with my laptop).

newBookmarkLockedFalling