Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Awesome. I want it.

Only 1 problem. What do you do when the batteries die?

My bet is the battery life is longer than the card life (i.e., the battery has a three year lifespan but the card expires in January of 2012, or something)

EDIT: Just thought I would leave a mark saying this was my 4000th post. :P

Last Edit: Sept 18, 2010 20:37:59 GMT by Josh

newfieldgrafix
I use my card's chip. Although a good idea, intuitive design, magnetic cards are only cool in Metal Gear.

My bank already brought out proximity cards, way more advanced. I am unimpressed by this.

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
Wow, that's super cool. Very clever design. 8-)

Josh Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

EDIT: Just thought I would leave a mark saying this was my 4000th post. :P

Congratulations XD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 18, 2010 16:20:15 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
My bank already brought out proximity cards, way more advanced. I am unimpressed by this.

Yep. :P Lots of banks are and are experimenting with a wide spread usage, which unfortunately requires new hardware in the stores. Either way though, this isn't exactly new news. I saw some other stuff while working at PayPal very similar to this. (They talk about what the competition is doing in a weekly newsletter.)

newfieldgrafix
Yeah, new hardware is a bitch. There's a guy at the Market (little stall) that just got a chip and pin machine, at great cost.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 18, 2010 16:20:15 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:

Yep. :P Lots of banks are and are experimenting with a wide spread usage, which unfortunately requires new hardware in the stores. Either way though, this isn't exactly new news. I saw some other stuff while working at PayPal very similar to this. (They talk about what the competition is doing in a weekly newsletter.)

Just wait until they start having to do the wiping method (where they literally wipe an imprint of your card on carbon paper) again. It's only been 5 or so years since I stopped seeing those in stores for credit cards and now it'll happen all over again.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I never knew they did that before actually...

newfieldgrafix
Why we still use processed wood pulp, molded metals and refined oils to use as currency is beyond me.

"PayPal?" "Sure." "Awesome."

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Sept 20, 2010 17:29:16 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Why we still use processed wood pulp, molded metals and refined oils to use as currency is beyond me.

"PayPal?" "Sure." "Awesome."

If Paypal pushed themselves into retail as well as online, they'd take over the world. No doubt they would.

newBookmarkLockedFalling