Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Well, I went to this weirdly awesome store called "MicroCenter" to look for a RAM upgrade, and I noticed they had a video game department, where I don't think anyone has really noticed.

That day I bought: (all these are new)
Final Fantasy 7 (PS - $14.99(
Final Fantasy Anthology (PS [V/VI] - $19.99)
Final Fantasy Orgins (PS [I/II] - $19.99)
Final Fantasy Chronicles (PS [Chrono Trigger / IV] - $14.99)
Final Fantasy 8 (PS = $14.99)
PS Memory Card 3rd Party ($2.99)

Either they fail, or they are simply awesome. The man who rang me up looked at the price on FF7 and went WTF can I have this? I told him hell no. :P

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
MicroCenter is directly comparable to Fry's Electronics, which is possibly the most awesome store on the planet. It's a shame that neither of them are reasonably close to me (though Fry's is closer than MicroCenter).
wat

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
holy fuck O_o
k

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
xmsteel Avatar
Sadly, I've never heard of any of them. All I have around me is Gamestop and Bestbuy.

Same here, but now I'm really wishing there was one close to me. Although I only have gamestop, walmart, and kmart, and everybody knows walmart and kmart don't really count.....

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Yeah, all I got is gamestop and best buy really. That works fine for me though. I almost never buy video games (with the exception of final fantasies, so kudos to you).

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Fry's is awesome, I miss that store. So many awesome deals...

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I bought FF7 for that same price like 5 years ago...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
All I know is I'm going to MicroCenter after football today. It's just up the street.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I used to buy computer parts from there after CompUSA went under. Then I got a debit/credit card and Newegg became the greatest site ever made. For a B&M, they have good deals. Overall, though, they're generally blown away by Newegg and company.

And, honestly, a bunch of PS1 and PS2 games for $15-20 doesn't seem like that great of a deal.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh: It's the rarity of those games though. :P FF7 is -very- difficult to find and might actually be worth a solid $50+. And yeah, lots of MIT kids take advantage of it... but last time I wanted to go they closed at 6, so I had to go to Best Buy to get a 200 ft coaxial cable...

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
Josh: It's the rarity of those games though. :P FF7 is -very- difficult to find and might actually be worth a solid $50+. And yeah, lots of MIT kids take advantage of it... but last time I wanted to go they closed at 6, so I had to go to Best Buy to get a 200 ft coaxial cable...

Which likely ran you about $20 more than it should have. :P You probably could have bought it on MonoPrice, gotten it overnighted, and had it there by lunch the next day for $10 less. lol

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh: Not when it was 6:15pm and I needed it by 7pm. ;) And also, it wasn't even that much AND the house reimbursed me... so I didn't care. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling