Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Like, for serious. :| You have no idea.

Alright, so, first thing first: I got my first paycheck last friday. I got under HALF of what I was supposed to get. I thought it was just me, and there was a slip in the envelope it came in saying that it was an "estimate" of what I was owed.

Turns out I wasn't the only one- every single person had a huge amount missing out of their paycheck. One of the managers, Sammi, is getting paid a dollar less than what was agreed upon. Caroline, our boss, was in the hospital because of a stroke for a week or so. And guess what Sammi found out? Apparantly the reason we weren't paid, which is bullshit in my opinion, was because she doesn't have the money TO pay us. People were calling Sammi left and right demanding money and shit, which just shows how bad it is for Caroline.

Sammi is pissed. Her powers as manager were taken away because Caroline apparantly thinks something is going on behind the scenes. Which is just ... weird. Caroline needs to get her head out of her ass. She honestly doesn't know how to run a fucking business. Coutney, the dude she now has as manager instead of Sammi? He puts huge, sharp knives and slicers in the dishwater. I can't see that shit. Twice now I've almost cut myself because of that. He also left a shitload of money just laying out. What the fuck is that? Yeah, Sammi and I are trustworthy, but you just don't do that shit. Also, on saturday, Matt (coworker) and I sat outside for FORTY FIVE MINUTES waiting for somebody to show up. Nobody called. Nobody told us that Coutney wasn't going to be there. And Sammi said for a couple days he was nowhere to be found.

And there's a ton more going on, I'm just going to leave it here for now because this is getting really long,.

tl;dr - My boss is fucking retarded, everybody at work is pissed, I'm not getting paid what I should, I want my goddamned money, and the new manager is goign to pay for my hospital bills when I lose a finger.

D8<

Last Edit: Sept 27, 2010 18:37:48 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Send a complaint to corporate HR. Have everyone send a complaint. They'll straighten that out quicker than you can say "lawsuit"

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Honestly, I'm riding it out and just dealing with it. For now. If it doesn't get better, I'll demand my papers and my money and leaving as soon as I have another job secured. I really need this job and don't have a lot of options. It's just frusterating Px
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
A complaint to HR can't lead to dismissal. They do that and you have a sure-win lawsuit on your hands. You may even be able to do the complaint anonymously. I forget what the law is, but it's either 15 or 30 days from the incident. So you do have some time, though I wouldn't be surprised if some of your co workers didn't wait.

newfieldgrafix
Sure the bastards. Screw the threats, just go head on and sue the bastards.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Just listen to Josh on this one. :P Complaining to HR with a negligent and inefficient boss is wrong. Also, is your pay per hour listed in your contract?

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Alright, so, today? Finally got injured because my boss is an idiot. First, she told me to lift the dip up chicken pan, which has extremely hot steam under it. Thinking she wouldn't purposefully put me in harms way, I did without questioning. I got burned. I yelped in pain. She yelled at me for yelping later on, because apparantly I scared a customer. Fuck you, bitch D8< I COULD SUE YOU AND YOU'RE YELLING AT ME!? Also, I went to do dishes and, guess what?! Some dumbass left a knife in the water AGAIN. I sliced my thumb open and nearly had a panic attack because there was so much f'ing blood.

I'm looking for a new job. As soon as I'm hired, I'm giving my two week notice. I want OUT of here, god fucking damn it.

Signature coming~

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Honestly, what I got out of that was:

"I try my hardest to troll, but fail miserably, so feel sorry for me, and give me at least a sympathy responce."

So ... erm ... Oh, no, you're wrong, Xuzi! Don't be so mean because you don't know the full story! Rawrr.

Last Edit: Oct 3, 2010 16:01:17 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I bet that sucks Natalia Natasha Romanova...
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Tork: Xuzi raises a point about the knife. You could quickly check for a knife by panning around with a long object (i.e. another knife) and seeing if you hit something. The frying pan + steam is a little different story. Should be at least a precaution sign to avoid them getting sued. :P

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Tork: Xuzi raises a point about the knife. You could quickly check for a knife by panning around with a long object (i.e. another knife) and seeing if you hit something. The frying pan + steam is a little different story. Should be at least a precaution sign to avoid them getting sued. :P

Thing is, knives should NOT be put in the dish water. It's completely against policy to put them there. From now on I'm going to go ahead and be really catious and check for it, but I shouldn't have to. The problem is that people are fucking stupid and can't follow directions for shit, and don't think about the consequences their actions could have. I've been told now that if I ever find a knife in there again I'm to ask who put it back there and tell Carolyn (turns out her name is Carolyn, not Caroline). Hopefully she actually does something.

It wasn't a frying pan, it's a "dip up chicken" container, which is a plastic, long thing that goes in a metal stand. I knew it would be warm, but I didn't know that there was boiling water under the pan (boiling water is COMPLETELY hidden, no way of knowing it's there unless you've put together the unit, which I haven't) keeping it warm. I assumed that she wasn't going to have me pick something up like that at risk of having my hand burned. My mistake for trusting my boss.

A whole lot of assuming going on, which won't be happening at that place again. I'm generally blindly obediant to those who I see as authority figures and respect as such. I no longer see her in this way.

Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I know what she's talking about with the chicken container thing. They used the same types of pans at my high school and at the galleys here on base (and at boot camp). I mean, really, you wouldn't expect it to be super hot with boiling water underneath without some sort of prior experience. There's just no reason to think that. I mean, yeah, I know better because I've fucking served food out of the things before. She clearly didn't get any training or explanation. It's reasonable that she wouldn't assume it's hot enough to burn her.

As for the knife, it's just common sense NOT to put that shit in water with other dishes. It's a safety hazard and here she got injured because someone wasn't being safe or intelligent.

Really, I can't see how her injuries are her fault. Yeah, she could've taken precautions, but there's a point in every activity where a little bit of ignorance mixed with a little bit of trust leads to assumptions. She was ignorant of the boiling water and trusted her boss wouldn't blindly tell her to handle something dangerous without first educating her. She was wrong, but I wouldn't call it her fault. Her boss should've said something or told someone who knew how the thing operated to handle it.

I'm with you, Torque. Shit's stupid.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Twerque Avatar

Thing is, knives should NOT be put in the dish water. It's completely against policy to put them there. From now on I'm going to go ahead and be really catious and check for it, but I shouldn't have to. The problem is that people are fucking stupid and can't follow directions for shit, and don't think about the consequences their actions could have. I've been told now that if I ever find a knife in there again I'm to ask who put it back there and tell Carolyn (turns out her name is Carolyn, not Caroline). Hopefully she actually does something.

It wasn't a frying pan, it's a "dip up chicken" container, which is a plastic, long thing that goes in a metal stand. I knew it would be warm, but I didn't know that there was boiling water under the pan (boiling water is COMPLETELY hidden, no way of knowing it's there unless you've put together the unit, which I haven't) keeping it warm. I assumed that she wasn't going to have me pick something up like that at risk of having my hand burned. My mistake for trusting my boss.

A whole lot of assuming going on, which won't be happening at that place again. I'm generally blindly obediant to those who I see as authority figures and respect as such. I no longer see her in this way.

They must have sucked at training you...

It's hard to train her. Having to look down when talking causes eyes to wander...

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Yeah, about “training”? A guy from corporate who I adored, Chris, came for a month to train us. We’d do everything the way he told us to and be fine. Then he’d leave for an hour or whatever and she’d yell at us and have us do it an entirely new way- I could see Chris, whenever she did it in his presence, stiffen his jaw and roll his eyes. He didn’t do anything, though; it’s her store, even if she’s going to get shut down by corporate with the shit she pulls. So, basically, they did suck at training us. But it wasn’t Chris, the guy from corporate’s fault, it was hers. As I’ve said before, she’s a dumb hippo that doesn’t know how to run shit. And if we do it Chris’s way? We risk our jobs. So I’m damned if I do, and damned if I don’t.

Thanks, Luci. That’s exactly what I meant.

Signature coming~

newBookmarkLockedFalling