Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
www.simonmoles.com

How does this look? :-)

EDIT: Oh, I intend to add some lightbox-like script to the fullview images on the project pages. Haven't got round to that yet

Last Edit: Oct 4, 2010 18:42:13 GMT by Simie

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I looove the home page :) Very nice.

However, I don't like the use of Times New Roman, and on your ProPanel page you have text that says "ProPanel was a online radio administration panel I created for a fansite I created in 2007." The use of the word "created" twice is a bit weird. I recommend reading your copy out before publishing it: it really helps. Also, the header styles on the subpages look a bit off.

newfieldgrafix
xmsteel Avatar
I think the home page is a little too simple, I like how clean it is, but just not a lot there...

It's called minimalism.

And I love it. Nice and clean. The text looks a little pixelated though. The color adds just the right professional touch.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 5, 2010 13:22:21 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
The text looks a little pixelated though.

Yeah, browsers on windows (except IE9 and FF4) don't handle custom fonts correctly so I may replace the header text with images on those browsers.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I love the home page, but I feel like there's something off about the side pages after coming from the home page. I can't quite pin it down right now, but if I think of it I'll let you know.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Eric Avatar
I love the home page, but I feel like there's something off about the side pages after coming from the home page. I can't quite pin it down right now, but if I think of it I'll let you know.

Same here. I kinda think it might have something to do about the fact that the light grey was used so little on the main page and then in huge blocks on the side pages.

newfieldgrafix
Simie Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 5, 2010 13:22:21 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
The text looks a little pixelated though.

Yeah, browsers on windows (except IE9 and FF4) don't handle custom fonts correctly so I may replace the header text with images on those browsers.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Well you fancy man. I'm totally gonna give you Internetz for that.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
For "Blog", I think possibly (try, just to see what it looks like) have it in 3 seperate parts.
One for The Past, one for The Present, and finally The Future.
Basically have it the same style you have on the front page.
(Actually, there's 2 things I can think of, using the style of your homepage to make the above better.)

Why not just do this for every page?
img98.imageshack.us/img98/2860/simonmoles.jpg

Also, I kind of think you need an icon/image (just one colour) on the top of each page if you choose to do that, cos otherwise it's too minimal then but I think it's better that way.

xcessive

xcessive Avatar

Official Member

February 2010
It is not bad, the simplicity lets the content speak for itself. My main problem at the moment is the fact that font has gotten very pixelated. This is because (i think) the antialiasing due to using @font-face. I suggest you save it as an image in photoshop using PS's superior anti aliasing. I usually do this for thin fonts as they tend to look grainy/pixely if I actually display them as text on a website.

Fast, simple image hosting.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
xcessive Avatar
It is not bad, the simplicity lets the content speak for itself. My main problem at the moment is the fact that font has gotten very pixelated. This is because (i think) the antialiasing due to using @font-face. I suggest you save it as an image in photoshop using PS's superior anti aliasing. I usually do this for thin fonts as they tend to look grainy/pixely if I actually display them as text on a website.

The pixely font is actually a windows-only issue. On mac the fonts look fantastic.

I have been intending to get some images to replace it on windows browsers (except FF4 and IE9, which have font-smoothing) but haven't got around to it yet. Thanks for pointing it out though :-)

xcessive

xcessive Avatar

Official Member

February 2010
Yeh well, having issues with chrome and opera is a pretty glaring problem. Its a large portion of the population.

Should be pretty nice once fixed though, like I said its an effective portfolio.

Fast, simple image hosting.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Simie Avatar
xcessive Avatar

The pixely font is actually a windows-only issue. On mac the fonts look fantastic.

I have been intending to get some images to replace it on windows browsers (except FF4 and IE9, which have font-smoothing) but haven't got around to it yet. Thanks for pointing it out though :-)

So much for the whole "not using images" :P

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Stinky666 Avatar
Simie Avatar

So much for the whole "not using images" :P

Not my fault windows can't anti-alias fonts correctly :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling