Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Don't like them. They look so fragile. I would just be too nervous to use one.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I'm waiting for the next version, which is supposed to be 3 ounces lighter and 1mm thinner due to the lack of screen and battery.

I really don't see what Apple is trying to accomplish with the Macbook Air. Does a notebook really need to be THAT thin and THAT light?
wat

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Scorpian Avatar
I'm waiting for the next version, which is supposed to be 3 ounces lighter and 1mm thinner due to the lack of screen and battery.

I really don't see what Apple is trying to accomplish with the Macbook Air. Does a notebook really need to be THAT thin and THAT light?

I don't know about THAT thin and THAT light, but my macbook pro weights a freaking ton after carrying it around for an hour.

Though that might just be the laptop bag I have being crap.

Yeah, that's probably it.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I think $1000 is an outrageous entry point for a machine that has a smaller screen, a processor that my three year old MacBook beats handily, no optical drives, doesn't come with Flash preinstalled (seriously, wtf Apple?), and likely cannot be easily upgraded (from the looks of it, the flash memory is soldered onto the board). The entry level WhiteBook costs $1000 as well and has two more inches of screen, a much better processor, and everything is upgradeable besides the battery.

I get that it's thin. I get that it's light. It's half as tall and heavy as the Whitebook is, but it is also crippled.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Personally, I'm more excited for OS X Lion and iLife '11. Like everyone else in this thread, i think the Macbook air is pointless. (And that comment comes from an avid mac user)
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newfieldgrafix
Haha, butthurt Macfags... This, to me is utterly hilarious.

What a piece of underpowered crap, Steve Jobbs really knows how to extort his idiot fan-base that will likely flood to buy this assemblage of low density plastics.

This. Just/ Made. My. Day.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Oct 21, 2010 5:18:12 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
Haha, butthurt Macfags....

Way to make friends

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Simie Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Haha, butthurt Macfags....

Way to make friends

I just gained a hella lot of respect for Zell.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Quinine Avatar
Simie Avatar

Way to make friends

I just gained a hella lot of respect for Zell.

You respect someone who randomly insults people because of which computer they use?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
newfieldgrafix Avatar

Not cool.

I know you know this, so I don't know why I'm forced to say it to you. We aren't here to bash each other. So don't do it.

Stop posting drunken insults or you'll find yourself slapped with a nice big warning.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Benjamin Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar

Not cool.

I know you know this, so I don't know why I'm forced to say it to you. We aren't here to bash each other. So don't do it.

Stop posting drunken insults or you'll find yourself slapped with a nice big warning.

Gasp. Generalizations can't be made anymore without explicitly excluding people, it seems. But acknowledging people when making a generalization (even if to exclude them from the content of the post), still makes the assumption that they are in fact the generalization...

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Jim Avatar
Benjamin Avatar

Not cool.

Gasp. Generalizations can't be made anymore without explicitly excluding people, it seems. But acknowledging people when making a generalization (even if to exclude them from the content of the post), still makes the assumption that they are in fact the generalization...

There are a lot of mac users on this forum, calling them an "idiot fan-base" and "macfags" isn't going to win you any favours

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Why do all my threads end badly?

There's a common denominator...

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member