Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I actually coded this a while back, but I am posting this now so me and my brother can get some feedback on this.

www.proscripts.co.uk/anthony

The design is mostly my brothers, all coding by me. (except jquery etc). The face there is actually his face, traced into illustrator.

Any ideas for improvement?

Last Edit: Oct 20, 2010 21:47:10 GMT by Simie

xcessive

xcessive Avatar

Official Member

February 2010
This is a nice piece of portfolio design. I quite like it. Some small issues however.

On smaller resolutions it gets pretty buggy.

The speech bubble looks awkward, I think you need to make it black to go with the overriding black and white theme. Maybe make the font different/smaller.

I noticed a few spelling fo-pars - I saw "btw" in there somewhere.

Have you run the script through a JS optimiser? Because its monstrously slow when I'm not in Opera or Chrome.

Fast, simple image hosting.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
One other thing to add for the speech bubble:

On some designs it vanishes but on other's it simply hides behind the image but with a little bit poking out at the bottom (by a little bit I mean 3-4 lines of text), which imo is something that is distracting.
You want people to concentrate on the design they are viewing, for that time..
There's something kind of annoying too, about the text (buttons) inside.on the face..

Some very nice designs on there though.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Stinky666 Avatar
One other thing to add for the speech bubble:

On some designs it vanishes but on other's it simply hides behind the image but with a little bit poking out at the bottom (by a little bit I mean 3-4 lines of text), which imo is something that is distracting.
You want people to concentrate on the design they are viewing, for that time..
There's something kind of annoying too, about the text (buttons) inside.on the face..

Some very nice designs on there though.

I think I fixed the speech bubble being hidden behind the designs. You should be able to click the bubble to hide it if its getting in the way

newBookmarkLockedFalling