Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Just curious what phone everyone is carrying around with them these days. Also curious what kind of plans you all are on, too.

I have an HTC EVO 4G. I'm on Sprint (obviously) with unlimited data and texts and 450 minutes a month.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I have the exact same phone with the exact same plan. It's really fun since I'm usually in an area of town that doesn't have 4G access.

Personally, I'd like to get one of the new Windows Phones, but that won't be happening any time soon. A CDMA version (yes, Sprint uses CDMA) isn't coming out until next year. =/

Last Edit: Oct 25, 2010 16:19:30 GMT by Scorpian
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Scorpian Avatar
I have the exact same phone with the exact same plan. It's really fun since I'm usually in an area of town that doesn't have 4G access.

Personally, I'd like to get one of the new Windows Phones, but that won't be happening any time soon. A CDMA version (yes, Sprint uses CDMA) isn't coming out until next year. =/

I'm loving Android, personally. If WP7 had a better sync option for Macs, I don't think I could say no. As it stands, my EVO syncs to nothing and it's starting to worry me, especially since I have no way to backup my phone or anything.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Josh Avatar
Scorpian Avatar

I'm loving Android, personally. If WP7 had a better sync option for Macs, I don't think I could say no. As it stands, my EVO syncs to nothing and it's starting to worry me, especially since I have no way to backup my phone or anything.

www.neowin.net/news/hands-on-windows-phone-7-connector-for-mac-beta-due-october-24

Supposedly, it works right on top of iTunes. I've also seen evidence that a native Mac version of the Zune software may be arriving at some point in the future.
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Blackberry Storm2 with unlimited everything and 450 minutes like probably everyone else.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
I have Palm Pixi on a shared 1500 minute plan, unlimited data and messaging. I know I know "Palm Pixi?! Lawl!" I've had two Android phones in the last year, they're fun but I'm tired of pop-tart sized phones. It's also got 8GB onboard memory. And more importantly it was free.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Had this:

Then I jumped in a pool and had to replace it with my old phone, this:

Then my dog ate my charger - not nibbled at the cord - but ate the WHOLE DAMN THING. So I went with my mom's backup this time:

and I'm due for an upgrade at the end of the month.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Scorpian Avatar
Josh Avatar

www.neowin.net/news/hands-on-windows-phone-7-connector-for-mac-beta-due-october-24

Supposedly, it works right on top of iTunes. I've also seen evidence that a native Mac version of the Zune software may be arriving at some point in the future.

Yeah, I know there is an app for it, but everything I have read on Engadget and TUAW make it sound as if it will be extremely limited in what it can do.

Deko Avatar
I have Palm Pixi on a shared 1500 minute plan, unlimited data and messaging. I know I know "Palm Pixi?! Lawl!" I've had two Android phones in the last year, they're fun but I'm tired of pop-tart sized phones. It's also got 8GB onboard memory. And more importantly it was free.

Unless you have baby hands, a 4.3" screen is just about perfect. :P And most phones come with 8GB onboard now anyway. Can't wait until 32GB MicroSDs fall to a reasonable level, though.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Josh Avatar
Unless you have baby hands, a 4.3" screen is just about perfect. :P And most phones come with 8GB onboard now anyway. Can't wait until 32GB MicroSDs fall to a reasonable level, though.

I've got big hands, but I hate having cell phone bulge in my pocket and I'm not a phone holster kinda guy. I've worked for 3 mobile dealers and had a bunch of different phones. I really don't need much in a phone, just a keyboard and the ability to walk without having to adjust a brick in my pocket. :P

And yeah, 32GB haven't dropped much in price since I first saw them.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007

Got it in black, prepaid. Getting a smartphone at the end of the year and selling my iPod Touch to raise funds.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
BlackBerry Storm 1 with unlimited. :P I have my free upgrade in January, so I'll be switching them. Either BB Torch or droid. Undecided for now.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
BlackBerry Storm 1 with unlimited. :P I have my free upgrade in January, so I'll be switching them. Either BB Torch or droid. Undecided for now.

Weren't you just saying you wanted to get away from BlackBerry? :P

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008

I had a similar phone (it was blue with a complete d-pad instead of just two arrow keys, same otherwise). That phone was a freaking beast.

Last Edit: Oct 26, 2010 16:29:50 GMT by Josh

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
My one seems to be indestructible, its almost 8 years old now.

Unfortunately it only holds 20 messages, which is annoying.

But it has snake.

hell yeah

Last Edit: Oct 26, 2010 16:43:20 GMT by Simie

newBookmarkLockedFalling