Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I've ripped tons of those out on my own with no anesthetic. Man up.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
My point was that you went to the doctor over a fucking ingrown toenail.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Yeah, I've had them removed three times. Last time three numbing shots did nothing. Felt it all.

....but I have a high pain tolerance, so I just dealt with it and shrugged it off.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I trim my toenails on a regular basis.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
I trim my toenails on a regular basis.

You can still get an ingrown toenail if you trim them 3 times a week for the rest of your life.
Depends on how you trim them. If you trim them just enough, for the large part you won't. If you trim them too much, then the skin grows over and you can. If you don't trim them enough, well the nail grows in to the skin. I'd say if you're trimming 3 times a week, you're asking for an ingrown nail.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
Depends on how you trim them. If you trim them just enough, for the large part you won't. If you trim them too much, then the skin grows over and you can. If you don't trim them enough, well the nail grows in to the skin. I'd say if you're trimming 3 times a week, you're asking for an ingrown nail.

I don't trim them 3 times I week, I was trying to make a point, that even if you do trim them regularly, you can still get it ingrown.
Yeah, but not trimming properly is the main cause of ingrown nails. The other culprit is too tight of shoes (looked it up).

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Don't need to look that one up. I know it's shoes. Like I said, I've had many. I just dealt with them on my own.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Don't need to look that one up. I know it's shoes. Like I said, I've had many. I just dealt with them on my own.
Yeah, I didn't memorize all the causes of ingrown nails, so I had to look it up. What can I say?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
Yeah, I didn't memorize all the causes of ingrown nails, so I had to look it up. What can I say?

I was just backing you up. My shoes have been the sole* cause of all of mine.

*Hahahaha! Get it? Sole! Like in a shoe! Hahahaha oh god.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Eric Avatar

I was just backing you up. My shoes have been the sole* cause of all of mine.

*Hahahaha! Get it? Sole! Like in a shoe! Hahahaha oh god.
Epic pun win.

perishingflames

perishingflames Avatar

Dedicated Member

March 2007
Eric Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

I don't trim them 3 times I week, I was trying to make a point, that even if you do trim them regularly, you can still get it ingrown.
Yeah, but not trimming properly is the main cause of ingrown nails. The other culprit is too tight of shoes (looked it up).

That's BS. I've never trimmed my toenails with a clipper or anything my entire life and I've never had an ingrown. You should ditch the clippers. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Yes. Frequently. Not so much lately, but I have many times. It's kind of painful to pry it out to a point where I can clip it off, but it beats a doctor visit where they cut my fucking toe up.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
Yes. Frequently. Not so much lately, but I have many times. It's kind of painful to pry it out to a point where I can clip it off, but it beats a doctor visit where they cut my fucking toe up.

I've never had a problem with it, except this last time. I've had it done a total of 3 times, and this is the only time I felt the whole thing.

A regular doctor is NOT a good idea. I suggest a podiatrist.

I'll just keep doing it myself, thanks.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
perishingflames Avatar
Eric Avatar

That's BS. I've never trimmed my toenails with a clipper or anything my entire life and I've never had an ingrown. You should ditch the clippers. :P
Exception, not the rule.

Feather

Feather Avatar
~

Official Member

November 2010

O.o
Are ingrown toenails really bad?
I've actually never had one before~ I honestly don't cut my toenails very often, either. Does it have to do with your toenail's shape, or something?

newBookmarkLockedFalling