Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I'm curious to see how people feel about the election. I don't really care about an argument of which side is right or why you feel whatever way, really just more curious about the political breakdown of our little community.

123 go!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
I. Hate. Politics.

Because you're young.

I didn't vote. Both because it was impractical to find a time within my schedule living here on base, and because I live here on base. Political policies don't really affect me much at the moment.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
And the Granholm/Kilpatrick backlash continues. Michigan is a red state now for the first time in decades.

btw, I voted red for most of the election. I voted blue when I knew the Republican candidate sucked ass. Didn't vote at all on quite a few things because they had no effect on me (U of M, Wayne State, etc. board elections, for example) or I didn't know anything about the candidates. Snyder winning by 20+ points for the gubernatorial election is insane, though.

Last Edit: Nov 3, 2010 11:31:54 GMT by Josh

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
I know nothing about the politics of the elections, but i do know that a levy didn't pass that is now going to fuck over our school system.

Last Edit: Nov 3, 2010 20:24:29 GMT by abZebras

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
XuZi, in case you didn't know, you're a republican.

I didn't vote either, I forgot to change my address, so to go the proper area would have taken far too much time.

Anyways, I kind of wanted to see if Obama was going to be able to do anything with a (continued) democratic congress, but now I'm curious to see if he'll be able to unite the parties for any kind of cause.

Edit: For the record, independent. Last election I ended up voting close to halfway down the ballot (didn't try, it just happened).

Last Edit: Nov 3, 2010 20:30:35 GMT by Eric

Feather

Feather Avatar
~

Official Member

November 2010
Meh, I'm too young, too. :P

But I suppose the republicans are having their comeback.
(I'm a democrat, so I suppose I'm not too happy about that. Dx)
But Massachusetts voted overwhelmingly democrat, which is better than their last election of Scott Brown ~ the first republican since the 60s. Ah well.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Feather Avatar
Meh, I'm too young, too. :P

But I suppose the republicans are having their comeback.
(I'm a democrat, so I suppose I'm not too happy about that. Dx)
But Massachusetts voted overwhelmingly democrat, which is better than their last election of Scott Brown ~ the first republican since the 60s. Ah well.

I guess I'm republican because I'm not someone liberal that likes two men rubbing each other in public (just sayin')

But thats my opinion.
I knew you were republican because in any politically slanted threads your opinion is fairly close to Fox's. I'm against two men rubbing each other in public as well, but I'm also against men and women rubbing each other in public. That's why they're called privates.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Eric Avatar
I knew you were republican because in any politically slanted threads your opinion is fairly close to Fox's. I'm against two men rubbing each other in public as well, but I'm also against men and women rubbing each other in public. That's why they're called privates.

I went a little overboard on that one, but I was trying to make a point that I'm not as liberal as probably the whole forum is. I'm not into supporting gays and lesbians. I'm not homophobic, it's just kinda gross. However, it's your choice.

>I'm not homophobic.

O rly?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

>I'm not homophobic.

O rly?

Phobia = Fear of.

I have no "fear" of them.

I don't think you understand what "fear" means.

Phobia:
-a persistent, irrational fear of a specific object, activity, or situation that leads to a compelling desire to avoid it.

Fear:
-a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid.
-a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights.
-concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.

Fear isn't just intense fear like you get from a haunted house or a dangerous situation. It can be worry or discomfort caused by an thing, act, or any type of situation.

Therefore, your irrational fear of homosexuals fondling each other in public or the thought of their private acts does, in fact, make you homophobic.

But for one more nail in the coffin...

Homophobia:
-unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

Look up antipathy if you don't know what it means. I'm done posting definitions.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
So.. Disgusted = Fear?

I don't get it.

Yeah, you really don't get it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling