Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
So, last night approximately 8:30 p.m and me and a mate are watching the newest episode of Stargate Universe in my front living room (on the tv).
All of a sudden we hear a knock.

Now, one thing I should explain is, my brother has loads of mates come round often, people always knocking, and I always ignore it because I don't like any of his mates (ok there are a couple I do, but the majority i don't).

So, I wasn't expecting anyone, we continued watching, then another knock. We continued to ignore, then all of a sudden the door opened.
I didn't hear the door open but my mate did and said about it, I simply said "it's most likely my brother's girlfriend has forgotten her keys, but tried the door and realized it's not locked."

All of a sudden a couple of seconds I hear a voice I don't recognize (no clue what the voice said), i jump up and go to the door, and some guy has half way up my stairs (we live in a flat, to get to our front door there is about 12 steps, then when you get in the actual flat, there is a further 7 steps).

I had no clue wtf to say, I was just "wha..." and he said "pizza?" I said "what?", he then said "did you order pizza?" I said "no" (in a pissed off tone etc, understandably).

He then simply said "alright sorry", and then left.
Now, I do believe he was a pizza guy because all of our pizza places use a red bag for the food, and he did have one and it did seem as though it had stuff in it. However, I'm thinking maybe it was a clever decoy and really he was just using that to steal?

But in short, has this, or similar, ever happened to you?
(sorry for the wall of text :P)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Nope. Never.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
What the hell? That's classic. xD Dude. No, that's never happened to me before, and nothing similar has ever happened, either.
Signature coming~

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Best part of this is, he's not the only person to have done this.
Someone else has done it before. I can't remember who but I think I know why they do it.

The flat I am in is kind of like where older (O.A.P's) live, the majority are but a select few are younger people (it's basically so one street/block of flats isn't all young people so they don't cause lots of trouble etc).
So, I believe they think we're oldies who live here (they just assume so) so possibly, they were just letting themselves in because they thought perhaps we were too old to walk etc. I honestly don't know lol.

But still, with 2 sets of stairs, they shouldn't assume that, surely..

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
...try answering the door next time, then.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Jim Avatar

Um, no.
If I don't want to answer the door in MY home, I wont.
Just because someone doesn't answer their door, that does not give the "knockee" the right to just open it, especially if it's NOT a family friend or family member.

GGoodie

GGoodie Avatar

August 2009
O.o... that is really odd. I would be freaked out if someone just came into my house.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
Jim Avatar

Um, no.
Just because someone doesn't answer their door, that does not give the "knockee" the right to just open it, especially if it's NOT a family friend or family member.

True, but LOCKING said door is always a grand idea.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
Stinky666 Avatar

Um, no.

Not really, since you don't expect people to just walk in :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Not really, since you don't expect people to just walk in :P

But people clearly do. And many times when people do that, they're not harmless pizza delivery folks. Especially after the description you gave of where you live. Elderly retired folks? That's prime pickings for burglars.

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
GGoodie Avatar
O.o... that is really odd. I would be freaked out if someone just came into my house.

Agreed.

And I always keep my door locked, just to be safe.

Latest artwork: Artist's Crescendo
My Devart

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
GGoodie Avatar

I would have shot them.

No. You wouldn't have. I can actually say that with complete certainty.

Bane

Bane Avatar

November 2010
xmsteel Avatar

I would have shot them.

That.

Sig/ava made in a long lost forum, long, long ago.

Artfire | Facebook FanPage | Twitter | deviantArt

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

No. You wouldn't have. I can actually say that with complete certainty.

Ok fine. But I would have grabbed my knives and waved them at him and stabbed him if I had to.

You'd probably have just called the police like a normal person not wanting to go to jail.

newBookmarkLockedFalling