Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Here's the problem:
Your computer accepts floppy discs.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
$50 for a machine that is a decade old and can't run any modern software. Why not put that $50 towards a usable machine?

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
I swear, the first thing I thought when I saw the topic title was that you bought food from McDonalds. :P

Latest artwork: Artist's Crescendo
My Devart

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
PHYsics Avatar
I swear, the first thing I thought when I saw the topic title was that you bought food from McDonalds. :P

Ahaha. I love you more than I did five seconds ago.

And what Josh and Eric said.

Signature coming~

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar
$50 for a machine that is a decade old and can't run any modern software. Why not put that $50 towards a usable machine?

Anyhow. You obviously have no clue about older computers. I can easily get $30 out of EACH of them, and not only would I be making $10 profit, but I'd still have my win 98 I got in the package with it.

Not only that, But I fixed the other mac. I picked it up. Then I shook it. Plugged it back in, and now it works fine. Kthx.
That's a lot of effort for $10.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

Anyhow. You obviously have no clue about older computers. I can easily get $30 out of EACH of them, and not only would I be making $10 profit, but I'd still have my win 98 I got in the package with it.

Not only that, But I fixed the other mac. I picked it up. Then I shook it. Plugged it back in, and now it works fine. Kthx.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Josh Avatar
Eric Avatar

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

He may be the winner, but Xuzi will still be $10 richer. ;)
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
What I want to know is where he's getting these figures. Value is not always what people say it is. Supply and demand. Just because you have something doesn't mean someone wants it, and if they do, doesn't mean they want it at the price you set.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar
What I want to know is where he's getting these figures. Value is not always what people say it is. Supply and demand. Just because you have something doesn't mean someone wants it, and if they do, doesn't mean they want it at the price you set.

This is true, but look at it this way. Say you bought a rolls royce for $5,000. Good deal, right? Someone might say it's worth $350,000, and maybe it is. Say you sell it for $20,000. Was it still worth it to buy it?

Apples and oranges. You aren't putting any type of work into the Rolls and are making 400% profit. With this... you have to put some work into it and you only get 20% profit, which doesn't take into account the cost of your time. Say you put in an hour into each machine. If you spent that time working, you'd get ~$9 (don't remember the minimum wage in Washington, but I think it's right around there) an hour or $18 total (let's say $12 after taxes). So... that'd actually be a $2 loss for you.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

This is true, but look at it this way. Say you bought a rolls royce for $5,000. Good deal, right? Someone might say it's worth $350,000, and maybe it is. Say you sell it for $20,000. Was it still worth it to buy it?
Depends, did it take you 20 years to sell it?

: don't forget, he's supposed to claim the $10 he makes from selling it, so will only get about $8. At least where I live.

Last Edit: Dec 2, 2010 21:30:02 GMT by Eric

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
I'm a mac user, the boot is set up wrong by the sounds of things... totally different on OS X to what it used to be back in those days so i'm not sure on how you can get out of it... try changing the boot sequence if that doesn't work you may not have an OS installed or it may be corrupt try getting an old copy of the OS and reboot it with this (may be best to try and get the old floppy copies if you can't change the boot sequence)

newBookmarkLockedFalling