Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Ok so not entirely sure which sub this should go in. I assume it'd go in V.G though. So just move it there if need be =D

Basically, I have fell for a little something 2 times now, over the period of a couple of weeks.

On tv there was an advert, which has some nice CGI in, of a Dragon and I was thinking "wow, this looks like it'll be a great movie", only for it to then be all "World of Warcraft Cataclysm" (Is that what is is? Apologies if I am wrong).

So yeah, I "fell" for that once, then again yesterday it came on, and I had totally forgotten, and thought the (more or less) exact same thing - it looks like a great movie. Only for it to (yet again, obviously) advertise WoW the game.

I still think though it looked epic for a movie. I really think they should do a movie for it now, purely because it was just great looking.

I have never played (nor do I ever intend to - actually, I just never will) the game, so i have no clue on how good/bad etc that is, but.. hmm... yeah

Anyone else seen the advert/trailer for this game and made the same assumption as I did (twice)?
Surely there's got to be other's who was tricked :P

Edit:
Added an 'n' on 'Dragon'. Typo's ftw.

Last Edit: Dec 14, 2010 4:37:26 GMT by Stinky666

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Having played through Warcraft 3, I can see a lot of potential for some sort of Warcraft movie, but the franchise is so massive, I think there's a lot of room for failure and disappointment.

wrcr87

wrcr87 Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
Imo, for a trailer it might look impressive, but for it to sustain the CGI and all over 2 hours needs a good storyline and impressive CGI/action sequences. If it has neither, then perhaps only hardcore fans of the game would watch. I wouldn't say they can't pull it off, but I'm not sure if they can either.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Personally, I don't think it was nearly as impressive as the cinematic trailer for Force Unleashed II and Old Republic. If you want a story to tell and a great way to do it, watch the second trailer (the 2010 E3 trailer) for Old Republic. Star Wars has the greatest lore of any story ever created and it's barely been skimmed. I'd rather see a CG Old Republic film than WoW, honestly.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Josh Avatar
Star Wars has the greatest lore of any story ever created

I see an opinion stated as fact :o

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Simie Avatar
Josh Avatar
Star Wars has the greatest lore of any story ever created

I see an opinion stated as fact :o

It is widely accepted as fact. :P Have you ever read any of the extended universe? There are thousands of books spanning well over 250,000 years. You can't beat that kind of back catalog. :P

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Just to let everyone know. It happened again today. Stupid advert. I hate it.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky = fail. :P However, I will occasionally see what I think is a CG movie and it's a video game. that's happened plenty of times to me.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Stinky = fail. :P However, I will occasionally see what I think is a CG movie and it's a video game. that's happened plenty of times to me.

At least I'm not the only one to have a "special moment". Even if I do seem to have them quite often these days. :-X

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
Chris Avatar

At least I'm not the only one to have a "special moment". Even if I do seem to have them quite often these days. :-X

My personal favorite is when they used an add for a movie to also promote Black Ops. That one actually had me for a bit. :P

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Stinky666 Avatar

My personal favorite is when they used an add for a movie to also promote Black Ops. That one actually had me for a bit. :P

Link or it didn't happen :o
No but really, I haven't seen it, or if I have, I have no idea what one it is.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Stinky666 Avatar

Link or it didn't happen :o
No but really, I haven't seen it, or if I have, I have no idea what one it is.

I also want to see this. The only commercial regarding black ops was a Jeep commercial for the special edition wrangler.

^^ 'twas this. I stand corrected. :P My bad. [/shitty memory]

newBookmarkLockedFalling