Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Next couple months are going to be rough, so don't expect me to be around much P: I'm signing up for five or six APs next year (I've already been told I'm out of my mind, please don't remind me x_x), so I have to keep perfect grades and impress my teachers in order to do that (They dropped all Pre-reqs, so now all you need is a good grade and a teacher's approval, yay!). Which means SZ is pushed to the bottom of my list of priorities. Between my boyfriend, my best friend, other friends in general, school, christmas time, searching for a job, etc. I'm going to be pretty much non-existant. This might even be longer than just a couple of months- we'll see how long it lasts for.

c: So, I'll talk to you all ... soon-ish. I'll still be on AIM almost everyday while I do online school work, so those of you with my screenname know where to find me :]

Signature coming~

Feather

Feather Avatar
~

Official Member

November 2010
Oh no, we'll miss you, Torque! O.o
Good luck with those APs!!

I just came back from a month-long hiatus... ahh, school is so demanding.

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
Good luck Torque. :)

Latest artwork: Artist's Crescendo
My Devart

urbancinderella

urbancinderella Avatar
Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

Official Member

August 2005
Good luck on your AP's, girl. They're hard, but if you've taken a lot of honors/gifted classes, they'll be fine. And getting the 4s/5s on the tests = lots of college pre-reqs done. Even if you don't want to graduate early, that means you get to spend your four years taking classes you actually like instead of introduction classes.

Good luck!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Good luck with them Tork! They're difficult, but nothing you can't handle. :P Just a lot of free time goes bye-bye.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I did 8 AP classes my senior year. So you can tell them that for evidence. I also passed 7/8 of them. 3 with 5's and 4 with 4's (bombed AP latin if you're curious). Entered college with 39 credits I think.

Last Edit: Dec 22, 2010 23:24:57 GMT by Eric

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
Omfg. For my advanced US History class? We have t hese things called compitencies, and we have to pass it in order to pass the class- if you don't, you fail the class nom atter what your grade is. Our compitency was this huge-ass essay we had forty minutes to do. HOW IS THAT EVEN REMOTELY HUMANE?! I was rushing at the bell. x__X I thought I was going to DIEEEEEE. And because three of my AP classes are going to be "okay-ed" by my History teacher, I have to impress her. Fhfailkfjala.

Anyway. /Whine. And thanks, guys. I'm taking AP European History, AP Art History (maybe), AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Biology (online), and AP English (maybe, probably). And maybe one or two more if I think I have time online over the summer. Honestly, i don't think APs are as tough as they're cracked up to be from what I've heard- it's just more work involved O.o none of my AP/Honors friends have any complains from the "I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS" department, so I'm looking forward to it. The work? Not so much.

.-. and now I'm going ti dissapear again. You might see some of me over the next couple weeks because of break. But parties and stuff will prolly get in the way then, too xP

Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010 17:11:14 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar
Omfg. For my advanced US History class? We have t hese things called compitencies, and we have to pass it in order to pass the class- if you don't, you fail the class nom atter what your grade is. Our compitency was this huge-ass essay we had forty minutes to do. HOW IS THAT EVEN REMOTELY HUMANE?! I was rushing at the bell. x__X I thought I was going to DIEEEEEE. And because three of my AP classes are going to be "okay-ed" by my History teacher, I have to impress her. Fhfailkfjala.

Anyway. /Whine. And thanks, guys. I'm taking AP European History, AP Art History (maybe), AP Physics, AP Psychology, AP Biology (online), and AP English (maybe, probably). And maybe one or two more if I think I have time online over the summer. Honestly, i don't think APs are as tough as they're cracked up to be from what I've heard- it's just more work involved O.o none of my AP/Honors friends have any complains from the "I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS" department, so I'm looking forward to it. The work? Not so much.

.-. and now I'm going ti dissapear again. You might see some of me over the next couple weeks because of break. But parties and stuff will prolly get in the way then, too xP

Physics, Art History, and English should be cake.

Feather

Feather Avatar
~

Official Member

November 2010
Are APs much harder than Honors classes? Or is there even much difference, besides the AP tests at the end?
My school doesn't offer APs until next year for me, but I'm currently in all-honors classes and don't know how much more difficult AP classes will be next year. :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Feather Avatar
Are APs much harder than Honors classes? Or is there even much difference, besides the AP tests at the end?
My school doesn't offer APs until next year for me, but I'm currently in all-honors classes and don't know how much more difficult AP classes will be next year. :)

At my school they were harder. They just tend to cover more work. Most schools also give them a higher GPA weight than honors classes.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar

Studio Member

December 2009
So, just wanna say, you know that competency I was whining about? She was going around the room giving grades, and I'm the last, and all I kept hearing was low seventies, and low eighties. One that barely broke ninety. She gets to me, and gives me a one hundred. BOOYAH. IN ALL OF YOUR FACES. FUCKING OWNED. I WIN.

And that bitch who hates me for generally being better than she is gave me the dirtiest look ever. Day = made.

And A level [what I'm in now], Honors, and AP have a higher GPA weight. The higher the level, the more points you get for the class. Here they really aren't harder. Like, my boyfriend is in Honors Chem and my best friend is in A level Chem and they do the same exact work- he just gets more worksheets and tests. That's it. That's generally the only difference.

Last Edit: Jan 5, 2011 12:17:31 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

brianna

brianna Avatar

Official Member

December 2009
good luck

newBookmarkLockedFalling