Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Firefox is now king on two continents: Antarctica and Europe. Firefox surpassed IE this month, mainly due to Chrome jumping 10% in overall market share. Sadly, IE is still far and away the leading browser in the world (57% vs 23%)

downloadsquad.switched.com/2011/01/04/internet-explorers-decline-leaves-firefox-as-1-browser-in-euro/

Last Edit: Jan 4, 2011 16:34:23 GMT by Josh

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Sadly, IE is still far and away the leading browser in the world

Thanks to the US.
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Come on, Opera. Take it nice and slow and one day...one day...

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar

The only thing Opera is good for is mobile browsers. Thats it. :P
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Plus customization, apps, and internet security.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

And, you know, being the only true revolutionary browser on the market.

I'm a Firefox user and have been since before it was even called Firefox (hell, I was using Mozilla Suite before Firefox development was even begun), but it's hard to deny that Opera has come out with most browser advances before the big boys have.

Feather

Feather Avatar
~

Official Member

November 2010
Firefox is a lot better than IE, in my opinion. I use Chrome, though.

PHYsics

PHYsics Avatar

Official Member

November 2010
Feather Avatar
Firefox is a lot better than IE, in my opinion. I use Chrome, though.

Me too.

Latest artwork: Artist's Crescendo
My Devart

bastones

bastones Avatar

January 2011
I used to use Firefox all the time when it was new back in 2005 but then back in 2008 and further I started using other browsers but my favourite would be Google Chrome. I know a lot of friends that use Chrome and they're not even into computers / Internet *too* much, so I was surprised. I don't think people are not using Firefox cause there is a problem with it, but rather there are better alternatives like Google Chrome - it has a great, minimalist UI that I prefer, as of now compared to FF3. IE9 has a nice new UI too, admittedly. But Chrome is fast too - and I guess that's second importance :P.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
And google now knows everything about you ;)

I will NEVER use IE, no matter how good IE9000 Will be. IE 1-8 Sucked, and thats enough for me. Chrome is too simple, I like firefox because I know where everything is.

Joke's on you. Google knows everything about everyone regardless of if you use their services or not. If you browse, they know.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Chrome is too simple

That... is kind of one of its main selling points. It is simple and incredibly fast. Alot of people like simple.

Personally, when I open a browser, I open it to view the internet, not cause I want to look at the 457345834953 features my browser has.

I used to love Firefox, but honestly, I now find it to be too slow because not only is it incredibly bogged down, it is a HUGE memory hog =\
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
Chrome is too simple

That... is kind of one of its main selling points. It is simple and incredibly fast. Alot of people like simple.

Personally, when I open a browser, I open it to view the internet, not cause I want to look at the 457345834953 features my browser has.

I used to love Firefox, but honestly, I now find it to be too slow because not only is it incredibly bogged down, it is a HUGE memory hog =\

cl.ly/1E1j1E2d3N3x2m2K2i0n

Firefox has a pretty simple interface, you know. :P

Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 0:13:43 GMT by Josh

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

How do you get that interface? That's not the default one mine has.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Lucifer Avatar
Josh Avatar

How do you get that interface? That's not the default one mine has.

That's a slight alteration of the Firefox 4 interface. It's more comparable to the chrome-type "minimalistic" interface, but still supports the full range of customization that Firefox has always offered. It's also significantly faster than 3.6, and getting faster by the day as development inches along. If only Mozilla knew how to keep a good schedule... I'm pretty sure that, by the original release schedule, Firefox 4.5 would be due soon. Instead, we're still a good month or two away from 4.0. :-/
wat

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Josh Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

lmao. That's called cheating. :P

And besides, whether you want to admit it or not, what browser does it seem to be modeled after? :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling