Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I'm actually pretty sure I'm paranoid: at night, while I'm trying to get to sleep, if I hear any creak or bump, I jump out of bed, heart pounding, to search my house and make sure all doors/windows are locked before I go back to bed.

Recently, it's gotten so bad that I actually have to sleep listening to music. D:

I only count steps if I'm not in a hurry and there are a lot of them.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Quinine Avatar
I'm actually pretty sure I'm paranoid: at night, while I'm trying to get to sleep, if I hear any creak or bump, I jump out of bed, heart pounding, to search my house and make sure all doors/windows are locked before I go back to bed.

Recently, it's gotten so bad that I actually have to sleep listening to music. D:

I only count steps if I'm not in a hurry and there are a lot of them.

I actually sort of do something similar, except I never get out of bed to check.
I hear noises and then I basically listen out for the noise again, then when it makes the noise again, I try figure out what it is, then it takes me forever to get to sleep.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
or break into my truck

I wouldn't worry.
k

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
that, and it's a truck.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar
that, and it's a truck.

People don't steal trucks? (It's nice, if you are getting at it being a pos).

Judging from some of your other purchases, it wouldn't be too far off base to call it a POS.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Josh Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

People don't steal trucks? (It's nice, if you are getting at it being a pos).

Judging from some of your other purchases, it wouldn't be too far off base to call it a POS.
I'm also inclined to agree. It's like my parents' house. We left it unlocked all the time. There was probably 50k of musical equipment/instruments in there, plus the electronics. But the outside looked like crap, so we never got robbed.

Last Edit: Jan 11, 2011 3:34:23 GMT by Eric

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

(just a guess, I could be wrong)

That you are.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

Not sure what that is suppose to mean. My dad bought it for me, I didn't buy it, and I'm pretty sure he knows a LOT more about vehicles than any of you (just a guess, I could be wrong). And you obviously havent seen my truck either:

fixed.

Last Edit: Jan 11, 2011 12:06:49 GMT by Andrew McGivery
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
My dad bought it for me, I didn't buy it, and I'm pretty sure he knows a LOT more about vehicles than any of you (just a guess, I could be wrong).

You've argued cars with James before. You should already know that this statement is incorrect.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

You've argued cars with James before. You should already know that this statement is incorrect.

Key word is "You've". Not my dad.

Don't care who did the arguing. James knows more about cars than any person I know, and I work at an automotive supplier.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
For what it's worth, I don't think his truck is a POS. I've always quite liked those trucks because they are dependable, tough lil things. While I think the 4.3L needs more power... it's got enough where it counts.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar
For what it's worth, I don't think his truck is a POS. I've always quite liked those trucks because they are dependable, tough lil things. While I think the 4.3L needs more power... it's got enough where it counts.

Thanks. They might not have enough for the regular, but Mine is the Vortec High Output, plus it has a chip & K&N Filter on it. Pushes over 200HP. Plenty for what I need ;)

...only 200?

Hechizero

Hechizero Avatar
Blessed With Magic

October 2010
Josh Avatar
I don't count, but I subconsciously avoid stepping on cracks. I also have this weird thing with locks where I have to check to make sure they are locked three times before leaving them. I also will freak if I get dirty and wash my hand habitually, often going to the bathroom only to wash my hands. I also won't leave my room without socks on (not really OCD, but I do get upset if I have to take them off ever).

I think those are clear signs of OCD since most of them can be explained as some kind of ritual.

I have been non-officially diagnosed (since I haven't talked directly to the person) as having OCD my the mom of a friend. She's a psychiatrist so I guess it makes it more valid. However it doesn't surprise me because I already suspected it. I remember that when I was a kid I used to check the locks until the checking was "perfect". It could take 1 try, or even 10. However one day I decided to stop doing it and I rarely (once per year maybe) do it now. But on the other hand I have a lot of other OCDness manifested as rituals. I have a bunch of rituals for a lot of situations.

~Hechizero

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Hechizero Avatar
Josh Avatar
I don't count, but I subconsciously avoid stepping on cracks. I also have this weird thing with locks where I have to check to make sure they are locked three times before leaving them. I also will freak if I get dirty and wash my hand habitually, often going to the bathroom only to wash my hands. I also won't leave my room without socks on (not really OCD, but I do get upset if I have to take them off ever).

I think those are clear signs of OCD since most of them can be explained as some kind of ritual.

I have been non-officially diagnosed (since I haven't talked directly to the person) as having OCD my the mom of a friend. She's a psychiatrist so I guess it makes it more valid. However it doesn't surprise me because I already suspected it. I remember that when I was a kid I used to check the locks until the checking was "perfect". It could take 1 try, or even 10. However one day I decided to stop doing it and I rarely (once per year maybe) do it now. But on the other hand I have a lot of other OCDness manifested as rituals. I have a bunch of rituals for a lot of situations.

~Hechizero
Holy shit, it's Hechizero Batman!

Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011 4:48:54 GMT by Eric

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Hechizero Avatar

~Hechizero
Holy shit, it's Hechizero Batman!

Same thing I was gonna say. Minus the Batman reference. Actually, I was just gonna note my surprise at seeing him, really. That's all.

*derailment*

newBookmarkLockedFalling