Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Oh man.

Soooooooo good.

Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011 22:23:41 GMT by abZebras

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Holy crap. Favourites, anyone?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I always love these.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
In no order:

Pillar
Magnus
Adaption
Aria

For some reason, those ones stand out for me, a lot.
Although, it's the first 3 of those 4 that stand out the most.

Edit:
Why don't they have wallpapers for 1280x1024px ?

Last Edit: Jan 13, 2011 1:03:47 GMT by Stinky666

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Stinky666 Avatar
In no order:

Pillar
Magnus
Adaption
Aria

Edit:

Because it's an obsolete resolution?

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Josh Avatar
Stinky666 Avatar
In no order:

Pillar
Magnus
Adaption
Aria

Edit:

Because it's an obsolete resolution?

Who cares, they have literally every other.
There are some of us who use that resolution.
No way am I using smaller, and no way can I afford a new monitor.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
...then use bigger. oO I have walls right now that are three times the size of my monitor. Future proofing my computer.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Amazing as always :P
k

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Josh Avatar
...then use bigger. oO I have walls right now that are three times the size of my monitor. Future proofing my computer.

My screen reso. is set to its highest.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
Josh Avatar

I'm pretty sure he meant a bigger wallpaper. Just find one that has essentially the same ratio. They don't have mine either, so I just go up a size.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Eric Avatar
Stinky666 Avatar

I'm pretty sure he meant a bigger wallpaper. Just find one that has essentially the same ratio. They don't have mine either, so I just go up a size.

That makes more sense (the bigger wallpaper).
I'm unsure which one(s) are the same ratio as mine. I know I could easily open PS/PSP and check, but I'm just too lazy. Perhaps I will later.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Stinky666 Avatar
Eric Avatar

That makes more sense (the bigger wallpaper).
I'm unsure which one(s) are the same ratio as mine. I know I could easily open PS/PSP and check, but I'm just too lazy. Perhaps I will later.

Just get the biggest available. You don't need the same ratio. Set it to fill your screen and you're all set. All they do on different ratios is crop things out, which your computer can do on its own. If you're a member of any customization sites (particularly Mac ones), there has been a big push by members and artists alike to not release multiple resolutions for this very reason. It's a waste of time to do when your computer can do it for you (and a waste of time for a person to figure out which one to download). The only exception is walls with important bits of text.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
The problem with the cropping is that it will crop out some cool shit. I was gonna use the KS one (with the airships and stuff) and it completely cut out the right half with the big airship. They don't have it in 1920x1080 and the only one big enough so that it doesn't stretch it tall for widescreen ends up getting way too much cropped out.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
The problem with the cropping is that it will crop out some cool shit. I was gonna use the KS one (with the airships and stuff) and it completely cut out the right half with the big airship. They don't have it in 1920x1080 and the only one big enough so that it doesn't stretch it tall for widescreen ends up getting way too much cropped out.

The one they released that was cropped cropped out the best part of the entire image, anyway. Really, it should be a dual screen wall.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

The one they released that was cropped cropped out the best part of the entire image, anyway. Really, it should be a dual screen wall.

That's what I'm saying. They should at least try to make them for some basic resolutions. But if the artist had dual screens, I guess it makes sense.

newBookmarkLockedFalling