Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
To say the least, I'm changing my name. But I could use some help.

I spent about 30 minutes listening to inspiration music trying to come up with an image for myself - just a little symbol that is unique for me and basically represents myself and only me. I manage to brainstorm and come up with an image for myself that I love. Here is a small little rough thing I made up in Photoshop fast:

To briefly describe this, I'm actually quite liking this design. From a far view for me, or for a non-abstract person, this just appears as a normal "f". However, a close look at this and you might notice there is a "J", a "T" (the "t" is the hardest of them all to see easily, but this doesn't matter because T represents a middle name, and a middle name is not constantly used), and a "S", all 3 are my initials. My only problem is there is no connection the "F" has to the "JTS" - yet.

Now here is my thing - I'm trying to make up a new username or display name - one that is unique, sounds great, and is memorable. And if you know me, I suck at naming things.

Any help? Or opinions?

EDIT: Figured this is more based on my name then actual critic, so I'm putting it here.

Last Edit: Feb 2, 2011 23:17:14 GMT by Quacker Jack

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
The symbol formerly known as Quacker Jack.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Don't think so hard about it. My name has stuck with me for years, has no overbearing significance, and most of my online friends call me Luci over Facebook even. It's become synonymous with myself within the circle of people who know me online. I mention that because my name was a complete fluke. I was playing the character of Lucifer in an RPG forum I made a long-ass time ago and I just used it at the subsequent forums I joined. Nothing special about it, but I've grown incredibly attached to it.

That all being said, just pick a name that you think is cool or like. People will go with it and you'll learn to love it. Trying to hard to think of a name that means something defeats the purpose. It's just an alias. Your name, whatever it is, will become exactly what any other name you go by will. It'll become synonymous with you and that's what counts. Not to shoot you down or anything, but just go with something that you like. Otherwise, you'll spend so much time thinking of it and maybe never be satisfied. If you change it again down the road, so be it. A name is just a way to identify the person using it. So long as it's not entirely retarded, it really doesn't matter what your name means, ya know?

But that's just my opinion.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Lucifer Avatar
Don't think so hard about it. My name has stuck with me for years, has no overbearing significance, and most of my online friends call me Luci over Facebook even. It's become synonymous with myself within the circle of people who know me online. I mention that because my name was a complete fluke. I was playing the character of Lucifer in an RPG forum I made a long-ass time ago and I just used it at the subsequent forums I joined. Nothing special about it, but I've grown incredibly attached to it.

That all being said, just pick a name that you think is cool or like. People will go with it and you'll learn to love it. Trying to hard to think of a name that means something defeats the purpose. It's just an alias. Your name, whatever it is, will become exactly what any other name you go by will. It'll become synonymous with you and that's what counts. Not to shoot you down or anything, but just go with something that you like. Otherwise, you'll spend so much time thinking of it and maybe never be satisfied. If you change it again down the road, so be it. A name is just a way to identify the person using it. So long as it's not entirely retarded, it really doesn't matter what your name means, ya know?

But that's just my opinion.

Meh, true. However, I'm not in love with my name. That's part 1 of the change.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I thought a long time about my username and went with Eric.

newBookmarkLockedFalling