Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Hey all,

logins and password's used to always save, and whenever I'd type a letter into the login/pass box in FF it'd show me a suggestion. It doesn't do that any more. It doesn't even give me an option on new sites to save the login + pass.

I have the option to save passwords "ticked", so it should be working.

Here's what has happened..

At one point I did disable and enable Java in FF, ever since then, that's when it seems to have not worked.
I have restarted my PC since.
I deleted all current saved logins/pass' to see if that would help (I thought maybe it was full?? lol)... Didn't work.

Any help appreciated

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
You never have to uninstall Fx. Ever. In fact, uninstalling Firefox probably wouldn't even fix this issue (likely a corrupted pref file or something got messed with in about:config)

Start a new profile (in the run dialog box, type "firefox.exe -profilemanager" without the quotes, it Firefox -profilemanager in Terminal on OS X) and see if the problem persists. If all is well, post in here and I will give you instructions on how to recover bookmarks, GM scripts, etc.

If all goes the way I think it will, you should have Firefox back up to how it was before by the end of the day. It'll take some work to copy files, but a new profile every now and then is actually a really good thing for Firefox.

Last Edit: Feb 7, 2011 17:53:15 GMT by Josh

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Sadly, it still the same.

Hechizero

Hechizero Avatar
Blessed With Magic

October 2010
Try the following:

1- Tools -> Options -> Privacy Tab

Then select "Remember history"
OR
"Use custom setting for history"
Check "Remember search and form history"

2- -> Security Tab

Check "Remember password for sites" and maybe click on "Exceptions" and remove all the entries.

That should make FF ask you to remember password for sites and you will see suggestion when typing usernames/info/search.

~Hechizero

Last Edit: Feb 10, 2011 1:27:26 GMT by Hechizero

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Hechizero Avatar
Try the following:

1- Tools -> Options -> Privacy Tab

Then select "Remember history"
OR
"Use custom setting for history"
Check "Remember search and form history"

2- -> Security Tab

Check "Remember password for sites" and maybe click on "Exceptions" and remove all the entries.

That should make FF ask you to remember password for sites and you will see suggestion when typing usernames/info/search.

~Hechizero

I changed it to "Remember History", and now it works.
I love you =D

Thanks a lot.

Hechizero

Hechizero Avatar
Blessed With Magic

October 2010
No prob =).

~Hechizero

newBookmarkLockedFalling