Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
YouTube Video

Pretty eye-opening footage.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I saw that a while back. Might have been you spamming it on Twitter or something, but it was a pretty interesting find. :P Things like this are why we can't rule out the existence of big foot and the lochness monster: there are too many things we haven't seen yet and too much left to explore.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I say we drop a palette of 19th century tech to them and see what happens. It'd be an awesome social experiment to see how quickly they advance themselves.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
I saw that a while back. Might have been you spamming it on Twitter or something, but it was a pretty interesting find. :P Things like this are why we can't rule out the existence of big foot and the lochness monster: there are too many things we haven't seen yet and too much left to explore.

Actually, we can rule out the existence of a lot of creatures (such as the Loch Ness monster) based on simple science. Anyone with a decent knowledge of how a food chain works can easily see why the Loch Ness monster (or any other supposed giant deep sea monsters) cannot possibly exist.

Big foot, on the other hand, cannot be disproven (yet), and considering the surprising amount of legitimate evidence for it, I'm remaining open-minded (but still skeptical).

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

Actually, we can rule out the existence of a lot of creatures (such as the Loch Ness monster) based on simple science. Anyone with a decent knowledge of how a food chain works can easily see why the Loch Ness monster (or any other supposed giant deep sea monsters) cannot possibly exist.

Big foot, on the other hand, cannot be disproven (yet), and considering the surprising amount of legitimate evidence for it, I'm remaining open-minded (but still skeptical).

You'll regret this post when the Navy sends your battleship to the Loch Ness to fight Nessy.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Luci: Rumors are that nessy was land capable. Yes this brings up a slew of other questions, but it doesn't rule out managing to eat cattle or something to sustain itself. Or being a herbivore. *shrugs*

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Luci: Rumors are that nessy was land capable. Yes this brings up a slew of other questions, but it doesn't rule out managing to eat cattle or something to sustain itself. Or being a herbivore. *shrugs*

Except for the complete lack of evidence to suggest such a thing. While the creature itself MAY have been land capable, other than the original hoax (since it WAS started as a joke, anyway), there are no reports of it ever being on land or any evidence on land of its presence. So...yeah. :P

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Has anybody else noticed how depressing the woman's voice is? It seems to be saying 'There is no possible chance these tribes will survive the next decade. They're totally fucked.'

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quinine Avatar
Has anybody else noticed how depressing the woman's voice is? It seems to be saying 'There is no possible chance these tribes will survive the next decade. They're totally fucked.'

I should have watched the video with sound, huh?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
What I don't get is why the dude was saying it's their choice to make contact or not. They don't even know that choice exists, they don't know that there's anything to get in contact with.

newBookmarkLockedFalling