Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
www.neowin.net/news/att-to-introduce-traffic-limits

Yeah, I have a DSL package. Starting May 2, I get to deal with a 150GB/month cap. Keep in mind, I'm the type of person who basically lives within the Internet. Will 150GB be enough to last me an entire month? Oh yeah, my dad loves Netflix while my brother is a YouTube-addict as well. This should be fun...

Will this affect anybody else? Or, maybe, are you already affected? Who else has a ridiculous bandwidth cap?
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Comcast has had a 250GB a month cap with a 150GB lower limit (meaning they drop your speed if you hit it) for years now. We've never hit it. Not even close. My brother and I do about 10 hours of gaming a week each (not much, but it can add up pretty quick), my dad is always watching things on Netflix, I am an addict, my sister doesn't understand internet radio and instead watches YouTube Harry Potter fan music videos for 6 hours a day (longer on weekends), and that doesn't even take media downloading (mostly through iTunes now, but there used to be quite a bit of not-so-legal acquisitions as well) into account. We've never passed the 100GB mark in a month before. Their cap is more to stifle heavy torrenters than anything. You'll never come close unless you hit TPB hard on a daily basis.

That said, I had a 5GB per week cap at school for a semester. Now that one... that one I went over quite a few times. And I wasn't downloading anything. lol

EDIT: Good news is you can call Japan for free, dude. www.engadget.com/2011/03/14/atandt-makes-calling-japan-free-until-the-end-of-march/

Last Edit: Mar 14, 2011 11:50:51 GMT by Josh

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Don't even talk to me about shitty internet stuff until you've lived in Canada.

Here, the lower package you have the lower your speed and lower your bandwidth.

$46.99(canadian) per month =
10 mbps download
60GB cap
$2.00/GB over the cap

And I have the third package up. >_> Best one you can get is 99.99 for 175 gb.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Good news, guys. Comcast rocked my house last night with 28mbps down, 8mbps up, and 8ms ping.

Can't touch this!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Good news, guys. Comcast rocked my house last night with 28mbps down, 8mbps up, and 8ms ping.

Can't touch this!

Are you just asking me to find out how fast I can go? Again?

And AT&T with their bandwidth limit is annoying. Phones first, now this.

newBookmarkLockedFalling