Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
So.. I am in need of help again.
This time for something completely different to everything else.

My brother's birthday is in August and I wanna design him a card (Moonpig ftw =)).
I've had an idea (sort of) using his first and last name. His first name means "Meadow", and his/our surname is "Millward", which obviously is "Mill" and "ward".

Now, I want to put a Mill (a windmill I guess?) on/in (not sure if you say in or on) a meadow and also have something for "Ward", but what can I put for that to suit the picture?

The only thing I can think of is a ward in the sense, hospital ward, so have a bed with a drip or something lol.. but that's kind of odd with the other two pictures/designs..

Any and all ideas much appreciated.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
You could have a person sticking their head out between prison bars at the front door of a windmill.

Last Edit: Mar 31, 2011 3:02:40 GMT by abZebras

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I don't see how that would be anything such as "ward" though.. But I do like that idea.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
There's also the verb form. "Ward off evil spirits." can't really think of any ideas for that though.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
How about this:

Have the windmill on the meadow, then below the "blades?" have a big opening (kind of like massive doors - possibly a big window) and have a few beds (2 each side?) and for the two beds visible have one be a bed that has a bit for a broken foot/leg, then the other have a drip or something.. the two in the background would be normal. Then, because I suck at human 3D models, just use a figure that is the base, and whack blankets over them...

Or no? Or perhaps help adapt this idea slightly, but nothing TOO extreme cos I am no pro at models.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
oh oh or idea 2. Someone said the below on my dA:

How about something moving for"ward"
As we age, we move forward in time

My response:

Actually, I like this idea..
And since it's a mill (so it has blades/fans) that can be what's pushing it. Only problem is that I want the blades/fans on the front so we can see them, but obviously if they are like that, having it coming/pushing forward towards the "screen" would be difficult to express.

Any idea how to go about "fixing" this? I honestly can't think.

I actually like both ideas. I really do. I actually like the idea/concept for the second better.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Ok guys.. How about..

How about I approach it a bit differently...

Be in a Hospital Ward, and either be looking from the center having say, 2 or 3 beds on each side, or perhaps instead of that, be looking from one side with 2 or 3 beds on that one side I am looking at..
Now, because you can get all types of mills (shape wise I mean), I have a different shaped one in each bed. Each one would have a part missing from it making it ill. Meaning it's actually a "Mill Ward", a ward for ill mills...

If I am looking at it from the center, have a slightly large window at the very back looking out at a meadow...
However, if I am just looking at one side, I was thinking have a picture of a meadow behind the beds on the wall..

Is this idea good, bad, better than the others, worse or...?
Suggestions for it would be cool too.)

newBookmarkLockedFalling