Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
I recently got braces and now hate everything. I'm slowly getting used to them, but they hurt, and it's driving me literally up a wall not to be able to grind my teeth. I do so out of habit and anxiety, so now that my braces are preventing it I'm on edge constantly >8U I can't eat anything (Sister will kill me- she doesn't have the fifty bucks to pay for a broken bracket) and it hurts all the damn time.

Has anybody here shared, or is sharnig, my pain? Any advice for me? ;-; I got them on right before prom, too. I could have waited ... and I should have -.- I didnt know they were going to look so god awful. But I want perfect teeth... Hooray for vanity :B Oh, and since my bite was aparantly causing me to grind my own enamel off, I guess I kind of would to just keep my teeth in general. P: I forget about that reason a lot.

Last Edit: Apr 18, 2011 19:21:17 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Wore 'em for four years. My dentist recently suggested I go back in them to fix two bottom teeth that have moved back out of place. My response? "Fuck you."

I don't care how bad they get, I'm not going back in them. Freaking hated having them. The insides of mouth are all scarred from them. :(

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
I only had mine for 2 1/2 years in high school. I didn't really hate them except for when I had to go to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned, that scratching noise is probably what Satan's chihuahua sounds like. And that wax they give you is total bullshit, I don't know how much wax I ate before I decided that tearing up the sides of my mouth was the better option.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
They're horrible. There is no advice. Just suck it up and remind yourself that it's worth it (it really isn't, but you can't turn back now, right?). Look forward is all I can say.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Lucifer Avatar
They're horrible. There is no advice. Just suck it up and remind yourself that it's worth it (it really isn't, but you can't turn back now, right?). Look forward is all I can say.

It is worth it for me P; As said, the way my bite is I grind my own enamel off and wear my teeth down. You can literally see where I'm ground a couple teeth down to where they slant a little unnaturally, and my bottom, front four teeth are kind of ... curved on the side facing the inside of my mouth, i guess, is a good way to put it from the grinding. Fixing my bite is the only way to fix this.

And that wax IS bullshit Dx faklfjalfla. I ate so much of it. It was disgusting. My mouth is fairly resistant now, though; I think it's getting used to the braces. I cut my tongue up to hell, along with my teeth and the inside of my bottom lip in the first few days.

Last Edit: Apr 22, 2011 16:10:58 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
xmsteel Avatar
YOU AROSE FROM THE DEAD! :o

Hehe yeah, school's been a bitch.

And yes, it can get pretty brutal. I used to bite the inside of my cheek all the time when I ate. :'(

And if I can offer a couple pieces of advice: be careful when you eat chips, I broke all kinds of brackets eating chips. And wear your rubber bands all the time!

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Am I the only one that didn't have problems with braces cutting up the inside of my mouth? :P

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Jim Avatar
Am I the only one that didn't have problems with braces cutting up the inside of my mouth? :P

Well I used to have quite a bit of cheekage back then so I was doomed from the get-go. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Jim Avatar

Yes.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Well, in that case....

suck it, bitches.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar
Well, in that case....

suck it, bitches.

I've never had braces, so in that case.

SUCK IT. Kthxbai.

Touche.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Jim Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

I've never had braces, so in that case.

SUCK IT. Kthxbai.

Touche.

We should stick a piece of glass in your mouth and punch you, Black Ops style, just so you can feel our pain.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar

We should stick a piece of glass in your mouth and punch you, Black Ops style, just so you can feel our pain.

I concur.

newBookmarkLockedFalling