Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
What is the point of listening to the radio through/on your television?
I don't get it at all.

I can understand watching a music channel, where it displays videos for each individual song, but to just have a solid colour for a background, with the radio channel number, is just stupid to me.

It's even more stupid when you have a decent and working stereo below said TV, that is all plugged in ready.. Why not simply turn that on and listen?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Radio quality usually isn't as good as cable quality. Makes sense to me.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
The quality here is basically no difference between radio and tv.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
What is the point of listening to the radio through/on your television?
I don't get it at all.

I can understand watching a music channel, where it displays videos for each individual song, but to just have a solid colour for a background, with the radio channel number, is just stupid to me.

It's even more stupid when you have a decent and working stereo below said TV, that is all plugged in ready.. Why not simply turn that on and listen?

The intended purpose was to be able to get stereo FM signal into rural areas that otherwise couldn't get good quality FM radio signals with an antenna. At the time, cable networks were still essentially a community antenna.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I have satellite TV back home. Apparently, at some point, our satellite provider decided to add (for free) SIRIUS radio to our package. So I had free satellite radio. Totally worth it. I used to crank it up when no one was home so I could listen to metal and cook in my kitchen.

So yeah, kinda dumb, but it's hard to knock the convenience of FREE satellite radio when you'd rather listen to music than watch TV anyway, ya know?

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I'd rather listen to music that I like, yes. Music my brother likes, heck no. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling