Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Ok so.. in my flat we have 3 BT (phone provider) socket things to plug in our internet/telephone.
We have the main one in the front room which you can't connect anything to (you'll see why if you read on), and then 3 actual one's that you can plug to.

One of them is connected to the main one, then another connected to that, and finally the third, is connected to that middle of the 3.

The main is in the living room, then the other one connected to that one via a wire is in the same room except near the door. Through the doorway is our hall, which has, in the center on the wall, obviously, another one. Finally if you walk a tiny bit further you have the kitchen, which has the 3rd and final. All are connected via thin wires. Basically they are extensions. I think maybe because the person who had this flat before, who had it installed (or did it themself) liked to speak on the phone or be on the net in any room more or less.

Now my problem is, we don't have our house phone connected unless we really need to use it, so that we don't run up a bill. Which we would do, so this way is best, for us anyway.
In any room/extension if you plug the phone (using a whats-it-called (that allows you to have both phone+net connected?) of course) it cuts the internet off. After several minutes it will be fine, but as soon as you take the phone out again, it d/c again.

Any ideas on what to do so that it doesn't d/c the net? Something that wont cost money, or too much at least..

If need be I can try take a few pics on a crappy mobile phone to show you it all better... ?

Last Edit: May 4, 2011 3:22:21 GMT by Stinky666

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Simple DSL filters should suffice. But I'm not 100% sure exactly what it is you have with this setup, perhaps pictures could help?

newBookmarkLockedFalling