Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
So, apparently the Windows Phone 7 on Nokia deal wasn't enough. Now, it is being rumored (by the guy who called every major Nokia move over the last year or two) that Nokia will enter negotiations next week to sell its entire mobile hardware division to Microsoft.

The move would almost immediately make Microsoft the de facto #2 in the mobile market and move Nokia away from the mobile sector completely, unless it continues to develop its mobile operating systems. Such a deal would cost Microsoft about a third of what its founder is worth and millions more in legal fees trying to sort out the sure-to-come anti-trust and monopoly charges.

Thoughts?

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
'rumored'

/thread

PS:
'Update: As Reonhato pointed out in comments, Mark Squires, UK Communications Director for Nokia, has already issued an uncharacteristically pointed non-comment. "We typically don't comment on rumors. But we have to say that Eldar's rumors are getting obviously less accurate with every passing moment."'

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Rumor or not, it is huge news. And the guy was right about the Microsoft partnership, the renaming of all their products, and has had a few hands-ons weeks before product launches.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
It's not credible if it's a rumor. And Squires effectively shot it down.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
So? I was merely asking what everyone would think of such a deal.

And every company issues denials, even when the report is 100% true. It's become so commonplace to issue denials that ignoring the report is more of a denial than actually saying it is false.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Perhaps they could bring some justice back to Nokia.
I remember when Nokia was the top of phones, but now it doesn't seem to be. Some of their phones are, but then nowadays there are so many phones just as good on different brands.

They used to be years ahead.

I still love and rpefer Nokia though. So much so, that I actually have a really old Nokia - that I use lol.

newBookmarkLockedFalling