Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I don't handle loss well, and so for the past couple of years this date has come and gone with people thinking that I simply forgot. Truth is, I didn't. I never do.

Cody or, California as most knew him by, was a well known, talented, and respected coder amongst the Proboards community from around 2003-2006. He owned SoCal codes, and staffed on many of the large graphics/coding sites like SolidSnake Designs, Zanmato Designs, and even Proboards Support. Basically, he was an important part of this community.

Today is the anniversary of his death, and I just wanted that to be acknowledged, and for those who did or didn't know him; to pay their respects.

RIP, Cody.. you're greatly missed. <3

jua

jua Avatar

June 2010
Even though I came shortly after his death SoCal were the first forums I joined. R.I.P California.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I came long after him but being a bit of a coder i quickly realized his impact on the PB community. R.I.P. ProBoards Legend
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Streamstrider

Streamstrider Avatar
Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason it was put up.

Official Member

May 2011
I started using SoCal a long time ago but sadly never had the chance to really know him. R.I.P. California.

Do you know how to create templates?
Do you love creating graphics? Are you a coder or rater?
I'm looking for people like you to contribute to a resource section on a forum.
If you're interested, please PM me! (It's a ProBoards Forum.)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Unfortunately, I never knew him very well, but from the little I did get to talk to him and from what I saw at his forum, I know he was an extremely kind, genuine, hard working guy. It really was a big loss. Not just to ProBoards or those who knew him, but to anyone who won't know him in the future.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I spoke to him once or twice. Got the impression he thought I was an ass. Go figure. lol

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Although I didn't know him or even speak to him (not properly, i think, as with everyone, I bugged him), R.I.P.
I can't believe it's been this long already though.
I can seriously still remember the whole huge topic and stuff from when it happened.

Josh Avatar
I spoke to him once or twice. Got the impression he thought I was an ass. Go figure. lol

Not sure how or why he could ever think such a thing ::)

;D

Zaxinou

Zaxinou Avatar
Asar Ptah Neb Ankh

Official Member

July 2008
I'm still using his codes on my site and on skins. He did some good work and until now I had no idea of his death but I will pay my respects here. R.I.P and thank you for all your hard work.

Last Edit: May 21, 2011 7:27:42 GMT by Zaxinou

Join Today!

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Man, it has been a while since Cody has gone. May he rest in piece, things are never the same around the PB community since that time.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I took an algorithm's final on Thursday. Last year I taught intro to EECS on it. The situations humor me, considering how he influenced me to be a programmer. RIP.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Josh Avatar

He was, but he was also incredibly nice. There's that fine line between ass and nice when you're as smart as he was.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Jim Avatar
Josh Avatar

He was, but he was also incredibly nice. There's that fine line between ass and nice when you're as smart as he was.

... Josh said Cody thought Josh was an ass. :P Not that Josh thought Cody was an ass.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeah, way to go James. :P

Matt

Matt Avatar

needs moar dragonfly

February 2006
Still remember how shocked I was when I heard about this. Rest in peace.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Chris Avatar
Jim Avatar

... Josh said Cody thought Josh was an ass. :P Not that Josh thought Cody was an ass.

Pft, well Josh is without any question an ass.

But what I said is still true. He did it without meaning to, however. I recall Peter being at the receiving end of it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling