Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Seriously?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Ha. That won't happen. I only ever visit SZ.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Eric Avatar
Ha. That won't happen. I only ever visit SZ.

Same here. I was just hoping for a more convenient way to access it from my phone.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Eh, people like to get paid for their work. I don't blame them. I won't be buying this though. :P

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Deko Avatar
Eh, people like to get paid for their work. I don't blame them. I won't be buying this though. :P
Proboards has made tons on ads, I don't see why they felt the need to change.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Well, if the app is ad-less then wouldn't you just be paying for the ads you aren't viewing?

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Deko Avatar
Well, if the app is ad-less then wouldn't you just be paying for the ads you aren't viewing?
Which kind of defeats the purpose of ads.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Yeah that's my point. The purpose of the ads is to generate revenue for ProBoards, which is the same thing they're doing with a paid app. If the app was ad-supported then they could probably justify releasing it for free.

Last Edit: Jun 22, 2011 3:59:48 GMT by Deko

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Deko Avatar
Yeah that's my point. The purpose of the ads is to generate revenue for ProBoards, which is the same thing they're doing with a paid app.

Ok

If the app was ad-supported then they could probably justify releasing it for free.
Which is why I'm not getting you're point. That's exactly what I was saying. It's not hard to put ads in android apps, it's built right into the api. They'd probably get far more downloads -- and ultimately more revenue, from doing ads than from making it paid.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Maybe Eric, maybe. But $3 for a single payment that you'll get plenty of usage out of isn't that bad.

There's also justification that ads consume more bandwidth. With most providers (including Verizon now) switching to data plans that aren't unlimited, they might actually be -saving- their clients money with a one-time $3 charge instead of ads by downloading less data. *shrugs*

newBookmarkLockedFalling