Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

17Godzilla

17Godzilla Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
The Worthing Saga by Orson Card is my favourite book right now
Also, anything by Ted Dekker is great, ecspecially the circle trilogy.

enalia.proboards92.com/index.cgi

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
The Children of Húrin, the newest JRR Tolkien book in over 30 years, completed by his son, it's really amazing story that reminds me of the old (good) nursery rhymes where things were allowed to die.

glitch

glitch Avatar
Your zipper is undone.

Official Member

May 2008
I read a book a while ago, called:

Hippo Eats Dwarf: A Field Guide To Hoaxes & Other B.S.

Written by a man called Alex Boese. It's a great source of information on many modern and antiquated hoaxes, urban legends, pranks, tall tales, scams, and deceptions of all kind.

It has come to my attention that there are an infinite amount of universes. Since there are, in fact, infinite universes, there are infinite possibilities. Since there are infinite possibilities it is only logical that in one of these universes, I am an omnipotent God. As God, I have transcended through the universes to this one, to let you know that your milk is about to go bad.

writing4life

writing4life Avatar
write on =)

May 2008
I love the Warriors series. I am not sure if they are very popular, but I would guess not. They sound kind of stupid, but they really aren't. You have to try 'em. It's about 4 clans of wild cats, and they have rituals sort of like Indians do. Very interesting reads.
writing for life

stoner
If you like good , long , and interesting books , read
To kill a Mockingbird.

tcm

tcm Avatar

Studio Member

January 2008
writing4life Avatar
I love the Warriors series. I am not sure if they are very popular, but I would guess not. They sound kind of stupid, but they really aren't. You have to try 'em. It's about 4 clans of wild cats, and they have rituals sort of like Indians do. Very interesting reads.

My girlfriend used to be addicted to it, the premise drove me away from it, I suppose I should check out the content before I make any hasty decisions though.

Another book I suggest is 1984 by George Orwells, it's really good.

stoner
tcm Avatar
writing4life Avatar

My girlfriend used to be addicted to it, the premise drove me away from it, I suppose I should check out the content before I make any hasty decisions though.

Another book I suggest is 1984 by George Orwells, it's really good.

That is really good! (1984 by George Orwells)

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Currently reading Artemis Fowl: The Time Paradox. Was released on Tuesday. Haven't been able to read much of it, though. For note: This is the 4th straight book in the series that I've bought on its release date. :P

Miss Lady Lillac

Miss Lady Lillac Avatar

December 2008
If you like fantasy check out RA Salvatore's series. I'd recommend starting with the dark elf trilogy and working your way though.

I <3 Drizzt! :)

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
Flowers for Algernon is a fantastic read! I havn't been able to put it down yet!

aranel

aranel Avatar

Official Member

December 2008
Mmm... I will suggest the books that, recently, had completly bewitched me =)

The Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. =) For people that loves romance with a twist of danger, action and even pain too... It's her four books are really good.

I never though I would end this addicted at the novels, actualyl I started reading just by curiosity and I'm enjoying all them (I'm now at the last one..Break Dawn)

Last Edit: Dec 28, 2008 19:18:52 GMT by aranel

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
The Alchemist is another good read of mine. It's not really modern, but Paul Cohelo portrays the idea of striving for you dreams wonderfully in the great tale!

Miss Moose ♥

Miss Moose ♥ Avatar
Love The Moose.

Dedicated Member

August 2007
For vampire/fantasy lovers:

The House of Night series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast current books are Marked, Betrayed, Chosen
-Awesome vampire series, one of the best series I've read.

The Darkangel trilogy by Meredith Ann Pierce books are The DarkAngel, A Gatheing of Gargoyles, The Pearl of the Soul of the World
-Amazing vampire series in an alternate world. Better then The House of Night series, and I love those books. Though the ending sucks, its a must read. You don't even have to like vampires, because anyone can fal inlove with this series. Don't judge it by the first few chapters.

The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith books are The Awakening and The Struggle, The Fury and Dark Reunion
-A very swicked series. Just too good.

The Secret Circle by L.J. Smith books are The Initiation and The Captive Part 1, The Captive Part 2 and The Power
-Another great piece by L.J. Smith, about witches.

Parker

Parker Avatar

February 2009
I never read...ever only when Im holiday and my last holiday I couldnt put this book down called Sail byyyyy James Patterson

Tobias

Tobias Avatar

Dedicated Member

November 2006
I'm currently reading Gödel, Escher, Bach: an Eternal Golden Braid. I don't know how interesting people who aren't scientifically inclined will find it, but so far it's definitely my favorite nonfiction book ever. Was good enough for me to find SZ's literary section, anyway.
#intj (Mastermind)^

newBookmarkLockedFalling