Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
www.tgdaily.com/hardware-brief/55358-mythbuster-hyneman-designs-next-gen-military-armor

"Yes, the Department of Defense has asked Hyneman to help it develop a new generation of lighter, stronger armor for military vehicles."

Epic.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Considering the show isn't very scientific, this will be interesting if he has any success. :P Either way, I'm still jealous of anyone who gets to blow stuff up for a living.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
It may not be scientific(I totally agree with you), but he personally has enough experience with most types of explosives to do something like this, in my opinion.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
This isn't the first time he has been asked to do stuff like this. At one point, I know he was developing a new type of traction system (can't remember if it was tires or tracks) and some fire-resistant materials as well. The show has lost almost all of its science in recent seasons, but the man knows his stuff. I mean... he made a tornado survival suit that folds up into a backpack. Jamie is an insanely intelligent guy and I'm sure he will come up with something that will help the military out here (or at least something that can be used as a jumping off point for the new armor. A lot of people lack his creativity and I think that is one of the biggest reasons he will be working on this)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I wonder if it's too late to switch to Explosives Engineering for my major...

a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/164027_1520299290401_1322100061_31242401_8178119_n.jpg

Yes, yes that magazine does exist. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling