Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005

Hawt.

Includes thundbolt port (10gbs transfer, 20 times faster than USB 2.0, twice as fast as USB 3.0).

2560×1440 pixel resolution.

FaceTime HD camera and audio speakers.

$999. V_V
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
'Hawt'? It's exactly the same as the last gen Cinema Display. The design is, at least. :P

And $999 is actually cheap for this. They could have gone to $1250 without even thinking about it and still outprice most other monitors in this one's market. The only model they would have to worry about are the Dell UltraSharps (which are some freaking beautiful monitors)

Last Edit: Jul 20, 2011 18:23:28 GMT by Josh

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Still hawt.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005

This. The HD camera might be over the top though.

Maybe.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar

Maybe.

Not when Facetime is now integrated into every single Apple product.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Chris Avatar

Maybe.

Not when Facetime is now integrated into every single Apple product.

Shhhhh. I said "maybe"

xkaymex
For me, this is one of those things where I'll go 'Oooooh this is so pretty' but I could never see myself getting one. It's too big. xD

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xkaymex Avatar
For me, this is one of those things where I'll go 'Oooooh this is so pretty' but I could never see myself getting one. It's too big. xD

It isn't that big when you have it in front of you. There is nothing better than going to class and using the beautiful 27" iMacs.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Josh Avatar
xkaymex Avatar

It isn't that big when you have it in front of you. There is nothing better than going to class and using the beautiful 27" iMacs.

Agreed - The Mac labs at my school are amazing. 27" iMacs, each with a 27" LED Cinema Display attached (I'm guessing they'll be upgrading them to the Thunderbolt displays).
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
There's no point to upgrade. The screens themselves are not at all improved. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
www.engadget.com/2011/07/25/dell-ultrasharp-u2412m-display-features-1080p-resolution-and-ips/

Dell's got a 24" IPS monitor for $400. I think that just about nullifies the new Thunderbolt display. $600 for 3 extra inches (and corresponding pixels) just seems ridiculous.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
www.engadget.com/2011/07/25/dell-ultrasharp-u2412m-display-features-1080p-resolution-and-ips/

Dell's got a 24" IPS monitor for $400. I think that just about nullifies the new Thunderbolt display. $600 for 3 extra inches (and corresponding pixels) just seems ridiculous.

Does it include the HD camera though? :o (I'm too lazy to click the article. :P)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Chris Avatar
Josh Avatar

Does it include the HD camera though? :o (I'm too lazy to click the article. :P)

Nope. It's also a small size, different dpi, ect. lolll
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Chris Avatar

Nope. It's also a small size, different dpi, ect. lolll

Same quality screen is used, though. As far as I am aware, this is now the cheapest large size (23"+) IPS monitor on the market. They 27" is the same price as Apple's as well, though you can find it for as low as $700 if you look at the right time. Really depends on your need for Thunderbolt and the HD Webcam, though. Then again... I doubt I would ever pay more for a monitor than I paid for my computer. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling