Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Yea, they are loaded.

Only 50 billion off being the most valuable company in the world, only trailing behind exxon.

This past quarter, they saw HUGE sales versus the same quarter last year.

"The company sold 20.34 million iPhones and 9.25 million iPads during the quarter, increases of 142 percent and 183 percent, respectively, versus the same period last year."

Crazy.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
They are on track to break Microsoft's record market cap from the late 90's. And they have something like $50 billion in the bank. It is astonishing how well they do, especially in a luxury item price range.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Josh Avatar
They are on track to break Microsoft's record market cap from the late 90's. And they have something like $50 billion in the bank. It is astonishing how well they do, especially in a luxury item price range.

$75 billion actually :P

And they are still way far off from beating microsoft's market share.

In the US, they are only at 10% market share, and worldwide, they aren't even on the chart.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Market cap, not market share. Market cap is total company value. They are on track to get into the half-trillion mark before 2015, if reports from mid-2010 are to be believed.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
How is the iPad so successful?!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
How is the iPad so successful?!

Business applications, believe it or not. More convenient than a laptop, cheaper, Verizon (and other companies I think) provide 3G, so internet everywhere, etc. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but it probably syncs with your iPhone and Mac computers (and even maybe Windows comps.)

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
...it syncs with everything a standard Apple device does.

newBookmarkLockedFalling