Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
www.ritholtz.com/blog/2011/07/warren-buffett-i-could-end-the-deficit-in-5-minutes/

There's a reason I respect this man... other than the fact he's extremely successful. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Buffet is indeed awesome. And that would likely work. Now if only he could solve the debt issue as well

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Josh Avatar
Buffet is indeed awesome. And that would likely work. Now if only he could solve the debt issue as well

I'm sure a similar idea would be effective. :P "Every month there's a debt, cut the politicians salary by 5%"

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
That's a fantastic idea. I mean, that's how it works in the real world, right? If you're not doing your job (or not well), you get fired, get your pay cut, whatever. Politicians, on the other hand, worry more about PR and reelection campaigns than doing their job. And with such a clusterfuck that is congress (because honestly, unless you watch CSPAN or someone says something really stupid, you never know who specifically does or says what), no one knows who's really to blame and who's doing a good job. It's all based on what they say in their speeches. Punishing EVERYONE forces them to work together and to do their job right. It forces them to make sacrifices for themselves so that they can do what benefits the American people as a whole.

I think that idea is just swell.

newBookmarkLockedFalling