Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
So... two weeks ago, HP went ahead and lowered their TouchPad price from $500 and $600 (for 16GB and 32GB respectively) to $400 and $500. This week, the Pre 3 launched in Europe with rumors of a 64GB TouchPad coming as well as the American launch of the Pre 3 and a possible PC running webOS on the way.

Yesterday? They announced they are discontinuing every single webOS device, halting software development for the time being (they may re-enter the market as a license software developer, akin to Android and Windows Phone 7), and possibly shuttering its app market in Q4.

So a lot of people who loved the TouchPad and bought it when they lowered the price (like I did) got screwed yesterday by this announcement. Thankfully, I was within my return window and took it back to Best Buy about thirty minutes after the announcement came down. I wasn't the only one, either, there were three or four guys behind me in line returning their TouchPads as well

So now I have a 16GB iPad. The Galaxy Tab is a better tablet, but with the recent purchase of Motorola by Google, I would rather not get screwed over again.

Also interesting? Apparently HP, the world's single largest computer manufacturer, wants to leave the computer manufacturing game. If you have HP stock... keep an eye on it.

newBookmarkLockedFalling