Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Tom

Tom Avatar

August 2011
Hello friends,

It's been around 5 years since I last used proboards, so I doubt there are many of the same faces here now.. But it's worth a shot!

I set up a proboard forum called Zanmato Design a long while back. It did very well, we made some good friends and in my opinion raised the design standard for proboards notably.

Here is a link to an archive image:
www.mediafire.com/i/?cdtfm93cvk571ap

It had a very good run, but came to an end with some controversy. Probably mostly down to the way I dealt with the closure.
Not going to make excuses, I did what I thought best at the time, which was for ZD (then ZC) to finish on a high note rather than fracturing into closure like many before it.

Anyway I just want to see if anybody is still about!
I have Mark (MrStabby) and Nick on facebook; the original admins. It would be great to hear from any former staff or members, and to see what you're all up to now.

As for me, I did a few web design jobs after ZC mainly for bands and music producers.
I then departed from the programming and design scene a little; I'm now a Royal Marines Commando, currently based in Scotland.

Also, how is this forum getting on? I know it was set up around the time we closed, and it seems to be one of the main design boards now?

Cheers =)

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Tom - I know you don't remember me, but I definitely remember you.

Zanmato (in its proboards days) was an inspirational forum for me and was actually played a part in my deciding to dabble with graphic design. I still remember some of the UI mockups from what might have been ZDv3, had it ever come into existence.

It seems like communities such as these are all but dying, which really sucks.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Tom

Tom Avatar

August 2011
Benjamin Avatar
Tom - I know you don't remember me, but I definitely remember you.

Zanmato (in its proboards days) was an inspirational forum for me and was actually played a part in my deciding to dabble with graphic design. I still remember some of the UI mockups from what might have been ZDv3, had it ever come into existence.

It seems like communities such as these are all but dying, which really sucks.

Hi mate, good to hear from you.
After ZC on IPB closed, I gave the proboard over to the senior members. I never actually saw the plans for a v3 so that's interesting. :)

There will always be demand for sites like this. It's just the community side of things that is the struggle.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Tommmmmmm! I'm so glad I checked in today. This is Kay, I was going as Withheld Beauty or "WB" back then, mostly. We use to talk all the time. I was a mod, and then a global moderator for some time before the closure. It's nice to hear from you. :)

Tom

Tom Avatar

August 2011
Kay Avatar
Tommmmmmm! I'm so glad I checked in today. This is Kay, I was going as Withheld Beauty or "WB" back then, mostly. We use to talk all the time. I was a mod, and then a global moderator for some time before the closure. It's nice to hear from you. :)

Hi Kay! a very familiar face =)
I hope you've been doing well! :D

what are you up to these days?

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Howdy.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Tom Avatar
Kay Avatar

Hi Kay! a very familiar face =)
I hope you've been doing well! :D

what are you up to these days?

I am doing well! Well currently just working and saving up. I actually work for Amazon.com now. Trying to get a new car, and eventually a new apartment, haha. Grown up a lot since the last time we chatted.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Hello Hello

I've heard many great things of ZD :D
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

newBookmarkLockedFalling