Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Official Member

April 2012
Simple question really, just wondering what was your first ever video game console(s) that you owned or played?

For me, the first console I ever played on was the Atari. :P (I'm showing my age here...) It was at my grandmother's house and I was 4 years old, playing Frogger, which I distinctly remember for some reason.

Then, growing up we had a Nintendo, the one that looked like this:

And then a Sega Genesis when I was in middle school. Which I remember playing Sonic the Hedgehog on ALL the time :P And the Lion King game, I loved that one too.

Ah, memories...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Well, we had a NES that I played, but I'm fairly sure I started originally on a SNES because that's what my dad played at the time... started with Super Mario World and other classic games. :P

kathy025
Family Computer (Japanese)

Welshling

Welshling Avatar

Official Member

June 2012
hmm i don't have a picture, if someone could find one that would be great. The first i had was a Synclaire (i think that's spelled correctly) it was a very basic computer, which used cassette tapes for games such as packman >.<

After that was a Sega MegaDrive :D

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
COLECOVISION anyone?!...yeh me neither. I'm younger than that, I was one of those SNES kids. Super Mario World, Street Fighter, and Earthworm Jim! That's probably the last time I could legitimately call myself a gamer.

kathy025
I remember seeing an SNES up for sale at a random store... Why oh why did I not buy it? :'(

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar

Official Member

April 2012
Welshling Avatar
hmm i don't have a picture, if someone could find one that would be great. The first i had was a Synclaire (i think that's spelled correctly) it was a very basic computer, which used cassette tapes for games such as packman >.<

After that was a Sega MegaDrive :D

Hmm, maybe something like this?

kathy025
Something like THAT existed? lol ^_^

Welshling

Welshling Avatar

Official Member

June 2012
yup something like that indeed :s

I remember the screen for it too, only a 15 inch off white color and heaaaaaaaaaaaaaavy to move. it was twice as wide, depth wise rofl it was stuffed with house bricks instead of memory and data chips i reckon lol

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
⸗April⸗ Avatar

Lol, 128k. It's incredible how far we've come along.

⸗April⸗

⸗April⸗ Avatar

Official Member

April 2012
Deko Avatar
⸗April⸗ Avatar

Lol, 128k. It's incredible how far we've come along.

-nods- it truly is!

newBookmarkLockedFalling