Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Also, there'll probably be bugs with v1 and I'll need help catching them. For example, I won't even be testing in IE. <.< Fuck IE.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Chris Avatar
Also, there'll probably be bugs with v1 and I'll need help catching them. For example, I won't even be testing in IE. <.< Fuck IE.

That's just because we're both on Macs. :)
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar

There's absolutely no reason to even humor that browser anymore.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

I want to support everything that PB supports, and sadly they support it. :P That's the sole reason why. I was thrilled when at work I was told I only had to support chrome-firefox-safari.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I want to support everything that PB supports, and sadly they support it. :P That's the sole reason why. I was thrilled when at work I was told I only had to support chrome-firefox-safari.

I understand the hate towards IE8 and below, but IE9 and IE10 aren't that bad :P I think they have more-or-less caught up to a certain extent.

IE will probably never be to the same point as Chrome and Firefox, but they have taken huge leaps forward.
k

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Chris Avatar

I understand the hate towards IE8 and below, but IE9 and IE10 aren't that bad :P I think they have more-or-less caught up to a certain extent.

IE will probably never be to the same point as Chrome and Firefox, but they have taken huge leaps forward.

html5test.com/compare/browser/chrome23/ff17/ie10.html

html5test.com/compare/browser/ie10/ie09/ie08.html

... no.

Edit: More recent FF ad Chrome html5test.com/compare/browser/chrome24/ff18/ie10.html

Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013 1:22:38 GMT by Chris

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Chris Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

html5test.com/compare/browser/chrome23/ff17/ie10.html

html5test.com/compare/browser/ie10/ie09/ie08.html

... no.

Edit: More recent FF ad Chrome html5test.com/compare/browser/chrome24/ff18/ie10.html

Problem with that test is that the score is largely based on features that are in different stages of development and many aren't agreed upon by the WC or the vendors.

However, point taken. :P

Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013 1:25:15 GMT by Andrew McGivery
k

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Andrew McGivery Avatar

Problem with that test is that the score is largely based on features that are in different stages of development and many aren't agreed upon by the WC or the vendors.

However, point taken. :P

On the other side though, if we wait for the W3C to finalize specs, we end up with crap like HTML4 and 4.01. The HTML5 spec isn't even going to be officially recommended until 2014. Think about what we're already doing with the web now; if we were to wait until then to use these awesome features, the entire internet would be lost to Apps.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

3:

3: Avatar
...xD

Dedicated Member

June 2006

A good number of those X's are for video, audio, and other non-essential things that you'd most likely never, ever need to use on a ProBoard though, or even in general web development. IE9/10 certainly aren't inadequate or as annoying as previous versions.

I mean, they are making progress. Can you really ask for more?

FF10 scores 343 and FF18 a whopping 386. That's a nice improvement.
Now compare IE8, which scores a pathetic 42, and IE10, with 320. That's a massive improvement.

Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013 3:03:54 GMT by 3:

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Everything's still going strong. Chris is coding like crazy and I'm converting/porting images. It's really starting to come together! I think we'll be ready soon!
Lucifer Avatar

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I never said they aren't improving. I'm just saying that they are quite a ways behind and I still hate them. :P

Also, without removing IE8 from mainstream usage, that means I actually still have to support it... Firefox and Chrome, I only have to code to support the latest version. Keep that in mind.

Anyways, yeah, it's getting along. I'm encountering some quite irritating bugs with how PB handles page loading and the templating system. Along with that, I hate CSS. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
img35.imageshack.us/img35/3451/screenshot20130122at124.png

We're making progress. On a side note, I hate v5. :P (That's not final, obviously.)

Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013 18:59:08 GMT by Benjamin

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006

Yep, we're done!
Lucifer Avatar

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Chris Avatar
img35.imageshack.us/img35/3451/screenshot20130122at124.png

We're making progress. On a side note, I hate v5. :P (That's not final, obviously.)

Hott. 8-)

newBookmarkLockedFalling