Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Hey guys, quick straw poll. :P

So, Ben and I didn't get all the new images done for some of the old skins that we need to convert.... basically, only v1 is close.

Should we wait until we can convert all the skins, or should I finish up v1, convert, and then work on those skins in the background?

Just looking for some input. :)

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I say get to v5 as soon as possible...so finish v1. Most of us don't use the other skins anyway do we?
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Not sure what skin I am using but it says "zero barriers. zero limits" on the banner.
Personally I would say, even if you have all themes done and ready, wait for more bugs etc to be ironed out first.

But hey, it's up to you guys at the end of the day :P

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
I'm not sure which one I use either... (too lazy to check) My one has Japanese everywhere.

Xeron

Xeron Avatar

Dedicated Member

October 2005
I vote to convert.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I love how you guys describe the skins by the two largest features of ALL the skins... you know, our motto and the japanese. :P

But alrighty. I'll try to get us upgraded as soon as the templates are done. The only thing that might not be done are the new smilies.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Chris Avatar
I love how you guys describe the skins by the two largest features of ALL the skins... you know, our motto and the japanese. :P

But alrighty. I'll try to get us upgraded as soon as the templates are done. The only thing that might not be done are the new smilies.

We like to be helpful :P
Smilies, most of them transfer over, it's only a couple that don't.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
Chris Avatar

We like to be helpful :P
Smilies, most of them transfer over, it's only a couple that don't.

Yeah. Have you seen the v1 smilies? They're not easy to create new ones for. :P

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
Oh, I never voted... I vote to convert. I really don't mind which skin I use.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I vote to downgrade to V3.
k

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I vote to upgrade now so I can like that post...
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Update:
  • Most of the v1 images (all of the important images) have been ported/created
  • Chris and I are running into some issues with the v5 AJAX but creatively working around them
  • v1 looks pretty bitchin'
  • I'm starting work on v0 since it's fairly similar to v1 and hope to have its images done tonight
  • v2 will come immediately following v0 and will be the most strenuous
  • v2.1 will be after v2
  • I really don't even want to support Starbucks/SSS but I'm sure Chris will prod me into it ;)

Last Edit: Jan 21, 2013 3:42:35 GMT by Benjamin
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Sounds great. So are you gonna finish all of the skins first or are you gonna release one at a time?
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Sounds good. Looks like you guys are moving. By the way, upon completion, are you guys going to work on dev the longly awaited SZv3?

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Toshiru Avatar
Sounds great. So are you gonna finish all of the skins first or are you gonna release one at a time?

Chris talked me into using v1 for a while. We'll convert as soon as v1 is ready... but not a second before. We want to make sure that we're not rushing anything. :)

Quacker Jack Avatar
Sounds good. Looks like you guys are moving. By the way, upon completion, are you guys going to work on dev the longly awaited SZv3?

Yeah, we're definitely moving. You wouldn't believe how many issues we have in our issue tracker. :P

v3... v...3... oh yeah! I forgot about that. The issue with v3 is that we've prematurely announced it (at least twice), things come up, it gets put on hold and then ultimately abandoned.

That said, we're not really working on a v3, or even planning one right now. Truth is, v1's design has withstood the test of time and I really don't know how to compete with it.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newBookmarkLockedFalling