Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Anyone play this shit? I LOVE this game. I wish I was home to play it more.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I haven't played any since Tribes 2...

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Dude, this game is FREE. GET IT.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Is it really that good? What kind of game is it? Is it older?
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar
Is it really that good? What kind of game is it? Is it older?

It's actually quite new. I think it was released last year. That might've been the beta, but as far as I know, it's been free from the get go and it's finished now. At it's core, it's just a shooter. But at the same time, to call it just a shooter would be an insult. It's ALL about movement. There are a few vehicles you can get which are a lot of fun, and you can call in air drops and such things if you earn enough...whatever it is (I don't remember; I haven't played in for-goddamn-ever since it's online only). But your own movement is what sells it. They have what's called skiing which is where you hold down the space bar (or some key--again, I forget) to slightly levitate, allowing you to glide down hills and pick up speed. You use that momentum to ride up hills before you launch yourself. If you've ever played Moon Chaser, or one of those phone games where you hold down the screen to go down the hills and let off to launch yourself, think that--but in 3D. While trying to shoot people. Who are trying to kill you. Whilst skiing around the same way. With gorgeous graphics. There's fast-paced shooters, and then there's Tribes. Think Unreal Tournament on crack. Or Halo on steroids. Or any other good, popular, online multiplayer game on performance enhancing drugs. The learning curve is a bit steep because it takes some getting used to, and the people who are "good" will stomp on you. But at the same time, that's what adds to the fun of it. It's all one giant beautiful ballet of bullets and bloodshed.

It's a fairly simple gimmick, but skiing launches this game into its own league when it comes to competitive online shooters. And of course, there are multiple classes, weapons, etc so you can customize things to suit your play style, but movement is key no matter who you are.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar

I'm assuming Steam?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I'm assuming Steam?

My copy was actually from their website and I had it added as a 3rd party game to Steam, but it's since been added to their library as well. So, ya know, take your pick.

newBookmarkLockedFalling