Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
For those of us still in school, I'm just curious what everyone is doing for classes this semester.

For me, I'm taking 3.5 classes (most students take 4 classes normally.)

My first is only half a class... technically it's the second part of a class you take the prior semester (first part is a theory on lecturing, presenting, etc.)
while this second part is actually my senior project.

The second class I'm taking so that I'm a full time student (stupid credit requirements)... it's 6.813 - User Interface Design and Implementation. :P So basically HTML/CSS and User Experience (UX).

The third class is CMS.590 - Computer Games and Simulations for Education and Exploration... guess what? That's a humanity at MIT. :P

The fourth class is CMS.634 - Designing Interactions: Media and Mobile Technologies. Again, a humanity at MIT. :P

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
High school counts, right?

This year, I got H English 10, AP Euro History (bleh...), H PreCalc, AP Micro/Macroeconomics Chemistry, Spanish 4, and Programming in Java / Team Games. I'm taking next year AP US Hist, AP English 11 (Comp?), AP Calc AB, H Physics, H Spanish 5 for sure. Then I'm either taking AP Stats, H Prog Java, and Gifted, or I'm taking AP Computer Science and StuCo Leadership.

Just trying to maintain class rank is all. :)

And Chris, have fun with an HTML class. It may be REALLY difficult. xD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar
And Chris, have fun with an HTML class. It may be REALLY difficult. xD

ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-831-user-interface-design-and-implementation-spring-2011/

Follow along and see for yourself. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Java Enterprise Applications - Stupid course being taught by a very smart man who basically is redoing the course as he goes because he decided it was too easy. (I would tend to agree with him.)

Systems Development: Project Evaluation and Control - Stupid course that I actually have no clue whats going on in because it's so boring.

Effective Technical Communications II - Yes, there was a FIRST version of this course which was exactly the same course..... A course on how to write short reports, user manuals, and long analytical reports... boring.

Systems Project AKA: Capstone Project... the only thing that actually matters this semester. Doing an actual project for a real life client.

k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Everyone knows school is for fools.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Advanced Math
Bible
Medieval History/Literature
Music Theory (blowoff and I am not doing it this second semester)
College Latin II
Chemistry
SAT Prep
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007

Not bad. :P Have fun with that. ;D

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
Heh, our school works a bit differently... you have to take at least 7 subjects for the last three years of school, all of which are examined on at the end... I take an eight subject and am writing an extra exam too. (APMaths and Maths Paper 3) There aren't many AP courses here... in fact, APMaths is the only one my school offers.

...but at the end of the year I'll have about 4 Maths exams, 3 English ones, 3 Second Language ones, 2 Information Technology, 1 Life Orientation, 1 Physics, 1 Chemistry, 3 Music and the music practical.

I'll also be self-studying for the SATs and A levels I'm going to write this year. (For applications to the US and UK respectively.)

Busy busy, but not really. Most of it is really basic and the IT course only covers HTML, Java, MySQL and general Database usage.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
I'm stuck between declaring chemistry/geology/computer science for my major so i've got Organic chemistry 2, a class called "Math of Computer Science" which is algorithms and proofs and other stuff I'm no good at, with intro to astronomy as an unrelated third class. Trimester system, so just 3 at a time for me.

Last Edit: Feb 13, 2013 1:49:37 GMT by abZebras

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
abZebras Avatar
I'm stuck between declaring chemistry/geology/computer science for my major so i've got Organic chemistry 2, a class called "Math of Computer Science" which is algorithms and proofs and other stuff I'm no good at, with intro to astronomy as an unrelated third class. Trimester system, so just 3 at a time for me.

ocw.mit.edu/courses/electrical-engineering-and-computer-science/6-042j-mathematics-for-computer-science-spring-2005/

Probably a lot like that, huh? :P (I actually loved that class.)

newBookmarkLockedFalling