Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VXQ8hjwMU8

Josh shared this with me. Audrey Hepburn has been dead since 1993... they used computer-generated images of her to make this commercial.

Is this unethical? Is this illegal?

What's your opinion?

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
It's just fucking weird. I wouldn't say it's "un" anything. Just weird. And it makes me not wanna buy whatever it is they're selling (I can't watch YouTube).

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
It's just fucking weird. I wouldn't say it's "un" anything. Just weird. And it makes me not wanna buy whatever it is they're selling (I can't watch YouTube).

Galaxy chocolate. Never would buy it anyway, but it's just an interesting idea is all.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Galaxy chocolate. Never would buy it anyway, but it's just an interesting idea is all.

Right. Like I said, I wouldn't say it's immoral, but I just think it's incredibly unsettling to computer generate a person that's dead. Like, bringing Tupac back like they did is cool because, as far as I know, it was just recycled footage used to give the effect of watching that particular performance live again. But to completely fabricate new video footage or pictures or whatever, that just seems...not right. Again, not in an immoral sense, thought perhaps to sell a phone, maybe it is.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

Right. Like I said, I wouldn't say it's immoral, but I just think it's incredibly unsettling to computer generate a person that's dead. Like, bringing Tupac back like they did is cool because, as far as I know, it was just recycled footage used to give the effect of watching that particular performance live again. But to completely fabricate new video footage or pictures or whatever, that just seems...not right. Again, not in an immoral sense, thought perhaps to sell a phone, maybe it is.

... not a phone. Like, a chocolate brand called Galaxy.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

I honestly cannot tell if you're being serious or not right now.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
They did a pretty good job.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Chris Avatar

I honestly cannot tell if you're being serious or not right now.

Dead serious.

newBookmarkLockedFalling