Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
What type of dev environment do you work in?
Lately I've been doing a lot of my client-side testing in jsFiddle. It's easy to use and everything I need to see is all in one page, much handier than the text editor/browser method I've been using.

For my server-side work, I've stuck with XAMPP per Chris' suggestion several years ago.

What text editors do you use?
I've been using Coda 2 and Espresso 2. They each have their own advantages. I've yet to find one that I will use exclusively, but I'm open to suggestions.

Last Edit: Mar 13, 2013 18:36:32 GMT by Aaron

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I've been pretty much living in Visual Studio with ReSharper for the past long while, since I use C# for nearly all my work. I use Notepad++ for python scripting, Espresso/WebStorm for anything web related.

I've been dabbling in Ruby a bit, and I got RubyMine for cheap a few months ago.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Oi. Depends what the fuck I'm doing and what computer I'm on. Haha.

Text Editors (Mac)
Sublime 2: HTML, JS, CSS, XML, XSL, PHP, Python
IDLE: Python
Eclipse: Java
IntelliJ IDEA: Java, Scala (Sumo work)

Text Editors (Windows)
Eclipse: Java
Notepad++: HTML, JS, CSS, XML, XSL, PHP
Sublime 2: (Ditto Notepad++)

Text Editors (Linux):
vim: Everything

As for developing... I tend to push to a live server. That depends on what I'm doing. XAMPP on windows, MAMP Pro on Mac, on Linux I'll just scp all the files to my server and test there with Apache... Sumo I either start a remote deployment or run the entire system locally (~9GB of RAM)

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Chris Avatar
... XML, XSL...

People still use that?

newBookmarkLockedFalling