Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
browse.deviantart.com/art/AdverCity-WIP-Forum-Design-rev-15v2-383146049

Can you guys please give me your thoughts on this forum design I made? The only thing that is really likely to change immediately is the logo. That was more of a filler, frankly. I am not sure which direction I will take it right now.

Thanks!

Last Edit: Jul 5, 2013 20:20:35 GMT by Quacker Jack

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
I like the mockup you've got going on. Color scheme works. Blue is a great color to work with. You should definitely consider running things how they do at forumpromotion.net. It seems to have been pretty successful for them.

Add more to the concept work so I can critique it further.

PS. the AdsTower links you got reminded me of my old site TheWebTower.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Thanks Aaron. I am actually a long time part of that forum, and currently still am. ;) And I never realized that WebTower was yours!

By the way, update:
s14.postimg.org/mkm73vb3j/image.png

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Yup! I launched it in 2009 and it was eventually acquired by Stijl.com.

I'm diggin' the progress! Not sure how I feel about the colons after 'Topics', 'Posts' and 'Last Post' but other than that it looks good.

What forum system do you plan on using?

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I think that was more habitual grammar on my part than actuality. I removed them later on, when I realized what I did. :P

phpBB. Only problem is I am so used to the proboards system that I am not familiar with web hosting, cpanel, and most importantly, styling. I know a guy who offered to do the styling for me to match the theme identically for $60, which isn't bad, I guess. Isn't ideal though.

I wish I had the skills needed to actually layout my designs. It is on my todo list.

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007

newBookmarkLockedFalling