Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
I've been thinking about this for a while. I've finally saved up enough money to buy an ipod of my own, where I can load my music into one player and listen to it everyday. However, I've looked at the apple ipod 5g with video capabilities and found some of the downside/unanswered questions that doesn't really appeal to me such as:

1. Low battery life for video capabilities. Sure, the main reason that I want to buy an ipod is for music, but, hey! 2 hours of video doesn't sound too good for me.

2. Power adapter. What? You want me to plug a mp3 into a computer's usb and recharge it? And I'll have to buy an extra power adapter if i want to plug it in the mains? What kind of player is this? You expect me open a computer for 4 hours just to charge a Ipod everyday? I'm not that much of a geek ok?

3. Can you design custom album images and put them in your ipod? If so, it'll be AWESOME!

4. Apple ipods don't support avis or wmvs? And I'll have to buy quicktime pro just to convert those formats into quicktime mp4 formats? <_<;;

5. Can they be scratched easily. If so, do you guys recommend a good, protective leather case for the ipod?

I think that's all my reasons..>.<

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
www.deviantart.com/view/23652523/

get that one!! lol

i have a 4g ipod mini... ok they not as good as ipods but its good enough for me... battery life is 20 hours on mine... and it charges really quickly so yeah you do have to charge it up with your computer.. but it doesn't take that long to do...

they are a good thing to have and hey if you do get one you can listen to mfradio through your podcasts XDDD

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
1.If youw ant to waste your money sure go for it <_<
if not try to think more and see what exactly you like more.

Nate

Nate Avatar

Official Member

July 2007
Get a higher gigabyte iPod and you might want to get a protective case for it my friend has one and the screen is really scratched up.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
nate said:
Get a higher gigabyte iPod and you might want to get a protective case for it my friend has one and the screen is really scratched up.

But the higher gig is more pricey, right?
Besides..I can't think of many proper ways to use up 60gb..O_o

Well, im gettting a nano for christmas, but you should get the 5g, its worth it :)

nooki

nooki Avatar

July 2006
nano is fun :D

But 60g I have it I can put my whole computer in there and go anywhere XD.

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
(Not really much help from you guys...=/)

well..on a side note, what about Zen vision?

admin said:
(Not really much help from you guys...=/)

well..on a side note, what about Zen vision?

Thats totally awesome. That beats the I Pod by miles. Get it! Thats awesome OMG. lol

Llanilek

Llanilek Avatar
Former Elite Mod

Dedicated Studio Member

October 2005
i still say get the SZ special edition one :P lol

i like the Zen Vision that looks cool... arn't there any shops that'll let you try stuff out before you buy it? then u can decide what's gonna be better for you.. at the end of the day its what you personally want to use it for... i use mine for my podcasts and thats about it... i store all my bands that are in my radio shows on it too.. :D so 4gb is enough for me... but you may want videos... n loads of songs... file storage... anything so personally think of it as a computer... think how much you'd use up on that computer for what you want to do.. then go with how much memory you would like.. :) hope this helps more

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
As a rule of thumb, Zen products are better than Ipod products. :) Ipods are known to be unreliable.

Also, that zen has a bigger screen, it'll play windows media files unlike the ipod and it looks better :P

Oh, and to the person who told Xy to get more memory, he means 5th generation, not 5gb...I think.

Last Edit: Nov 14, 2005 21:32:49 GMT by Jamie85

Team Studio

Team Studio Avatar

Administrator

June 2005
jamie85 said:
As a rule of thumb, Zen products are better than Ipod products. :) Ipods are known to be unreliable.

Also, that zen has a bigger screen, it'll play windows media files unlike the ipod and it looks better :P

Oh, and to the person who told Xy to get more memory, he means 5th generation, not 5gb...I think.

Jamie: Yes, I'm talking about 5g as in 5th Generation, there's no 5gb ipod...there is a 5gb Zen...

After considering the facts, the Zen Vision does look appealing ;)

But...the trouble is that they havn't started sales in Taiwan or New Zealand..so I'd have to -somehow- convince the store to import it for me...

:'(

Note: also..the Zen is more pricier than the Ipod 5g 30gb...and I don't know if I have to pay extra for the import fee..the Zen might actually break my pocket... :'(

Last Edit: Nov 15, 2005 9:11:21 GMT by Team Studio

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
It's more expensive because it has a screen you don't have to hold to your nose to see :P

Also, if you don't mind risking it, you can get these kind of things new from ebay if they're not out in your country yet.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Didn't read all the posts, but:

Creative Zen Micro!!

:D

Jamie85

Jamie85 Avatar

Studio Member

August 2005
I have one of those, but Xy wants a video mp3 player.

Last Edit: Nov 15, 2005 19:10:15 GMT by Jamie85

newBookmarkLockedFalling